Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Best race you ever watched

I would have to put the 2015 Knoxville 100 lapper in there for sure. I'm really picking your brains so I can go on DOD and get my heart rate up lol! 06 world 100 was a heluva race also.

For me the 2003 North/South with Dan Schlieper winning over Francis and Bloomer. And the 2014 World 100 by Bloomer, best a$$ kicking i ever witnessed.

Don't remember the year but it was in the early 90's...it was a Prarie Dirt Classic @ FALS....the battle was between the elder Pierce and Moyer...in turns one and two moyer would pass Pierce but Pierce would get him back in 3 and 4....this went on for thirty Laps or better thru lapped traffic with Pierce eventually winning...it was a great race...2006 world 100 not to shabby either

Best I ever watched live was at wythe raceway. Charley Swartz and smokin Joe Meadows ran side by side for 100 laps and never touched. Heluva show. Charley won by half a car. That was in the late 80s

It was a WoO feature at Lernerville back in 05 or 06. McCreadie and Eckert both started back in the field a lil bit, but by lap 20, they were first and second. McCreadie up on the cushion, and Eckert on the hub. They were side by side for the last 30 laps, one would lead a lab by a nose, the next, the other would inch ahead. On the last lap, they were side by side going into three. Eckert got a little too hot and spun it coming off of four. In the midst of all that, locals Alex Ferree and Matt Lux had driven up to fourth and fifth. It was a fantastic race that got a huge cheer as the checkers fell.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 09-13-2016 at 06:26 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

The best dirt late model race I ever watched was at La Salle Speedway back in the late 1990's or early 2000's. It was a UMP Summernationals race. Billy Moyer started back in the 6th or 7th row and Tom Rients started on the front row, I think. Moyer was running the high side and Rients was on the low. It took Moyer 1/2 the race but he finally got along side Rients racing for the lead. They ran like that the last 25 laps and Rients barely nipped Billy at the checkers. There was a bunch of great racing throughout the field that night, as well.

The best race overall I ever saw on dirt was at Terre Haute, Indiana involving the USAC Silver Crown cars. Again it was high low deal. Kevin Thomas was on the low side and Tony Elliott up on the cushion. They ran side by side like that for over 60 laps of the 100 lap race. It was an epic spectacle, to be sure.

The best overall race, hands down, was at Chicagoland Speedway in 2002. It was an Indy Car race with Sam Hornish and Al Unser Jr. running side by side the final 35 laps of the race. There were other cars that came up and challenged for the top 2 spots from time to time over those 35 laps and at times there were 3 rows of 2 lined up like a high speed pace lap vying for the lead. This all took place at speeds sometimes exceeding 225 MPH. At the time that race was the closest margin of victory (.0024 sec) ever by Indy Car or NASCAR. Hornish won by less than 2 feet. I will never forget it.
    Last edited by CIRF; 09-13-2016 at 06:40 PM.

06 world 100

"World domination" I was there and I appreciated. I wrote Scott off then looked back in the pack and my eyes never left the Zero

Also the 2010 world was my first Eldora trip. Bully Moyer won after starting 22nd I believe and bloomer was half a second faster and closing. If it was the world 101 Scott would've won that one too

One of the best race I have ever seen was a Street stock feature at my home track.

2008 Show-Me 100 @ West Plains Motor Speedway

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    One of the best race I have ever seen was a Street stock feature at my home track.
    I'd have to agree with that. Some of the best racing is always at the lower levels.

71prpfan I have to agree on that 10 world 100. Never seen Scott get up in the wheel and cushion like that. Looking like JD Knoxville last year lol

I believe it was 1989 when John Gill won his first Kenny Simpson Memorial at Brownstown in a photo finish over the Gentleman Jim Curry. It seemed like it took forever for the track to make the decision since there was no video. Truly a classic!

Recently.....the Lucas Macon race was one of the best I've ever seen. You could have thrown a blanket over the top three the whole race!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Recently.....the Lucas Macon race was one of the best I've ever seen. You could have thrown a blanket over the top three the whole race!
    a25rjr, I can't disagree. It was a tough choice and I almost sited this year's Lucas Macon race as the best dirt late model race I've ever seen instead of the La Salle race. It was a dandy!!

Knoxville 2006.......Brian Shirley spins first lap then comes from tail to win.

Knoxville 2008......Tim McCredie uses a last turn hail mary to over take Josh Richards under the checkers.

Knoxville 2014......Brian Birkhofer story book ending to his career on a last turn pass of a crippled zero car of Scott Bloomquist,

1993 North South 100

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I'd have to agree with that. Some of the best racing is always at the lower levels.
    glad to see someone else can appreciate the lower classes as well as he upper classes

Always like the threads where there is no name calling or bashing..great thread