Default I really can't believe this!!

People have reason to be skeptical of the authenticity of these things.....I assume that is why it's off to such a slow start. IMO the track needs to let people know, perhaps they already have, what is the best way to provide support to the family.

A 305 Sprint Car driver from Pa by the name of Jake Waters was severely burnt in an accident earlier this summer at Selinsgrove Speedway. A gofundme fund was set up and raised over $50,000 in a matter of weeks. The first few donations sent were from none other than Tony Stewart & Kasey Kahne. Fans and other dirt track drivers such as Billy Pauch, Greg Hodnett, Lucas Wolfe, etc all contributed......Not sure why this tragedy is not getting the same attention????

Ok I just looked on Twitter and the track is asking for those wanting to donate to do it through the Tony Stewart foundation. I know people are wanting to donate but are probably afraid of getting scammed on a fake go fund me page.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    THIS PAGE IS NOT FAKE PERIOD! That is the real deal. I know Troy Warrick! He is friends with the guys that help Shane's Late Model! I'm also friends with him on Facebook.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 09-14-2016 at 02:06 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

The issue I have with it is they basically want people to donate so they can have a new car? The tribute might be a wrap or graphics in his memory, but they want people to build them the whole car. So if they raise enough to build it they will do what then?

To me, in my opinion, it seems like they probably couldn't afford to build the first car and are now trying to at least get another to get something out of it while using The tragedy to pull people in.

I'm not saying this to be an (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), I'm just stating what it looks like from a distance.
    Last edited by c1ty5tar; 09-14-2016 at 03:10 PM.

You're right. It is just that. Suppose the man didn't die, they'd still be out a car. What would they do then? Ask for money, or what?
    I am all for giving money to support someone's family in times of need, paying medical and funeral expenses, but not this.

Quote Originally Posted by c1ty5tar View Post
    The issue I have with it is they basically want people to donate so they can have a new car? The tribute might be a wrap or graphics in his memory, but they want people to build them the whole car. So if they raise enough to build it they will do what then?

To me, in my opinion, it seems like they probably couldn't afford to build the first car and are now trying to at least get another to get something out of it while using The tragedy to pull people in.

I'm not saying this to be an (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), I'm just stating what it looks like from a distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    You're right. It is just that. Suppose the man didn't die, they'd still be out a car. What would they do then? Ask for money, or what?
    I am all for giving money to support someone's family in times of need, paying medical and funeral expenses, but not this.
    Car is gonna try to be put back together in the memory of Shane. If you guys need to know get a hold of Troy on Facebook instead of talking behind his back.
    Nathan Stephens

Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Pretty tacky in my opinion.

SPark

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by LM14 View Post
    Pretty tacky in my opinion.

SPark
    What's tacky is folks not understanding why they are wanting to do this. When it's stated on the page. I will support the idea of it. Instead of talking it down why don't you do something to help the family out. I've already spoke to a few drivers on Facebook who are on board with the idea. This is a tribute car. This accident on Saturday happened right in front of me. The car is junked very bad. There would be no way to put the car back together safely.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 09-14-2016 at 03:46 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

I'm sorry, I am not going to donate to "build a tribute car" when my money could be better used to make sure his family is taken care of and his kid(s) have some money to start out a tough life without their dad. I honestly don't think they have bad intentions, but it does come off pretty petty to try to ask for money to put another car together in this situation.

Anyone wanting to donate to Shane Unger's family can find information here- http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/2016/0...f-shane-unger/

Thank you.