This will be a feather in The Donald's cap.... he will make hay over this one and the American people will be on his side, party affiliation won't mean squat, this is jobs and liberals and conservatives both eat...

Guess I gotta buy a Dodge.... Can't buy a GMC (Government Motors Corp) and now Ford does this.... Wife doesn't like foreign named cars.... ya ya I know....LOL oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Guess I gotta buy a Dodge.... Can't buy a GMC (Government Motors Corp) and now Ford does this.... Wife doesn't like foreign named cars.... ya ya I know....LOL oh well...
    That's where you are wrong. Dodge parts been made in Mexico for years. GM has paid back their loans. Only ford hasn't. My 2016 Chevy Silverado was built in fort. Wayne Indiana. Why we are at it the most American made car is the Toyota Camery with union jobs. I work for a class 1 railroad. Wheel reports don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by illiterate dipchit View Post
    From the article - "Ford, not affiliated at all with Ford Motor Company...."

It's the very first line, genius...

Quote Originally Posted by D. Tidrow View Post
    That's where you are wrong. Dodge parts been made in Mexico for years. GM has paid back their loans. Only ford hasn't. My 2016 Chevy Silverado was built in fort. Wayne Indiana. Why we are at it the most American made car is the Toyota Camery with union jobs. I work for a class 1 railroad. Wheel reports don't lie.
    I don't doubt your word at all... GM has not paid back there loans with "their" money... I'll see if I can still find the article... Would never by a Toyota truck... I had one that came with the company I bought, but as for on my own no, not a truck...

In an April 21 interview with Fox News’ Neil Cavuto, Barofsky repeated his assessment that the repayment was "good news" but should be taken with a grain of salt. "I mean, the good news is, that money — they already have that money that’s in that escrow account, so it does lower the total amount of money that they owe to the government, so that’s somewhat good news," Barofsky said. "But I don’t think we should exaggerate it too much, when we remember where — the source of this money is just other TARP money."

The president’s and GM’s statements may have given some the false impression that taxpayers have gotten back all the bailout money loaned to or invested in GM. Strictly speaking, Obama was accurate when he said: "GM announced that it paid back its loans to taxpayers with interest, fully five years ahead of schedule." But he alluded only vaguely to other bailout money, which taxpayers may never get back, adding: "It won’t be too long before the stock the Treasury is holding in GM can be sold, helping to reimburse the American people for their investment." Those statements might have confused anyone who wasn’t familiar with the details of GM’s stock-and-loan debt to the Treasury.

As for Treasury’s equity stake, worth $40 billion-plus, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office has said the Treasury won’t fully recoup that money. The total automaker bailout, including TARP money given to Chrysler, CBO estimates, will cost taxpayers about $34 billion
    Last edited by mudslinger47; 09-19-2016 at 08:52 PM.

Jap vehicles ac stinks

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    Jap vehicles ac stinks
    I won't argue that point, I have a Nissan Altima and the air works when it wants to, not when I want it to...LOL But to be fair, I have 200K on it, out side of that issue its been a good car... I just can't own a foreign made truck...

had a Nissan truck for one year and got rid of the sob

I got a clayton wetter car lol and love it but now all the manufactors want the smallest 4 banger with a turbo wth

Quote Originally Posted by D. Tidrow View Post
    Don' t think ford ever took any bailout money from the Feds . I could be wrong though .

yeah they just send there jobs to mexico better check under the hood before buying one also

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    Don' t think ford ever took any bailout money from the Feds . I could be wrong though .

You're correct...The F150 has always made them profitable enough to screw up everything else they make...

I traded my daughters 08 Malibu for a 2016 Honda CRV SE AWD just last night, and I will enjoyed every minute writing the check for it...
    Opinions may vary...

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Donnit View Post
    You're correct...The F150 has always made them profitable enough to screw up everything else they make...

I traded my daughters 08 Malibu for a 2016 Honda CRV SE AWD just last night, and I will enjoyed every minute writing the check for it...
    Stan, where have you been ? Attending sprint car races I presume ? Good to hear from you though !

Smile

Mostly I've been spending my evenings with Bubba the Toad on my back patio...

I check in on 4m about once a month anymore...Enjoy...
    Opinions may vary...