Default pull bar bisgets

I am running a quick car bar and I wondering if I but the soft bushing in it if it will help me get drive in the dry slick?

the softer the bushings the less travel you will get because the bushings will hit the can locking them up sooner. What angle are you running and the height are you from the axle tube center line and the amount forward are you ?

By hit the can sooner do you mean they will expand in diameter and drag on the outside of the can?

I am running 18 degrees it is 12 inches height and 5 inches forward

By hit the can sooner do you mean they will expand in diameter and drag on the outside of the can? ... Yes Angle is a little more them what I would run . I would be looking at other parts of the car 1st vs pull bar unless you have bad bushings. Look at rod ends on bars , rf shock, Drive shaft ect

No offense, but how good are you on throttle control. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by hammond motorsports View Post
    the softer the bushings the less travel you will get because the bushings will hit the can locking them up sooner. What angle are you running and the height are you from the axle tube center line and the amount forward are you ?
    This is bad info. You will get more travel with softer biscuits or springs. But We run just a 2 biscuit bar now on all of the cars with reds. We have other parts of the cars we touch to go faster and keep grip in the car. Don't buy into the hyped up things. Sometimes you really need to keep it simple.

Dirt Buster if you have softer bushings with a pull that has a can like the quick car if will give you less travel . If you run a pull bar with out a can then you will get more travel but will end up braking the bushings .

No, actually you're wrong again. I say this because you're running that improperly built JDM junk that we bought into a few years ago. All thread design ate the biscuits just like we thought it would. To be honest it's a hack. Instead of being able to run softer bushings and achieve a slower progressive rate you're now forced to rely on friction and expansion of that bar to be consistent every lap with softer bushings? We run the quick car bars and the style bushing that is in them makes it so they do not drag the walls of the cylinder. We shoot for consistency not some hacked together bar that we've tested on the shock dyno and seen what happens
    Last edited by Dirt_Buster; 09-20-2016 at 08:14 AM.