Default Hotel near Charlotte dirt track

Going to world finals. Any suggestions on a hotel? Never been

Last year I stayed at a Hampton Inn right up the road next to a Burger King (I think it was). Very close to the track, nice place. I think the DOD crew stayed there, or at least their van did. I plan to stay there again this year.

Close to the track, rooms are very expensive. Go up the interstate a few miles and the prices are much tamer. I use HotelGuides for my reservations. There, you can see what's available, prices, etc. Because of some vision issues, I had to move my place of stay from 11 miles away to 1 mile away for this year. Price went from about $240 for three nights to $440 down at exit 49, I-85.

We found a decent place in Salisbury .......a no name, but pretty cheap and clean......don't recall the name but it was right off the interstate.

Look around about 15/20 minutes outside of the area.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by mlions View Post
    Going to world finals. Any suggestions on a hotel? Never been
    Wyngate by Wyndham just off of Bruton Smith Blvd. I think we paid around $130 per night. Very nice and clean

We stayed in Concord four years. Never paid over $60 a night ever. Once at the Rodeway Inn (pretty meh) and 3 at the Days Inn (preferred).

Of course, a lot depends on your comfort zone, wallet, what part of the country you're coming from and amenity requirements. Rodeway is stark, Days Inn had the breakfast thing but we never really took advantage of that because part of the World Finals experience was the quest for eating at difference places before the race. Unless you get hit with a rain day, the room itself had very little to do with where and how we spent our day so we never felt like cheaper stays accounted for much other than a bed and a shower. Both still have WoO weekend rooms available. Rodeway is showing $49, Days Inn $65 (which tells me they're filling). In July, they were $55 for a double.
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN