Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Racing T Shirts

Default Racing T Shirts

MINDLESS QUESTION OF THE DAY: How many racing T shirts do you own? Do you buy driver's shirts? Event or Track shirts or do you buy chassis manufacturer shirts? Personally I have a few of each. It is pretty sad when my wife tells me I can't buy any new ones until I get rid of a few. She was right, I looked in my drawer and I had 18....Some I am embarrassed to say were over 10 years old......needless to say, my rag pile in the garage now has a few more new additions.

I probably have 8-10. All of them are driver shirts.

I have a bunch, most don't get put on much since I don't hang out with many race fans or attend many races anymore. My wife is going to make me a Tshirt quilt out of them some day.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    MINDLESS QUESTION OF THE DAY: How many racing T shirts do you own? Do you buy driver's shirts? Event or Track shirts or do you buy chassis manufacturer shirts? Personally I have a few of each. It is pretty sad when my wife tells me I can't buy any new ones until I get rid of a few. She was right, I looked in my drawer and I had 18....Some I am embarrassed to say were over 10 years old......needless to say, my rag pile in the garage now has a few more new additions.
    I think I have 3 Rocket shirts, 3 Josh Richards shirts, 2 Josh Richards hoodies and a Gregg Satterlee shirt, a Matt Cosner shirt, an Eric Wells shirt, a Brian Monteith shirt, and a Jeremy Keller hoodie. Next on the list (World Finals) I want a B.Shepp shirt, A Moyer Jr. shirt, a Tyler Erb shirt and an XR1 Hoodie.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Mostly driver shirts, a couple each for Roberts, Ferguson, JD, Madden and Tmac. Atleast 1 Feger, Eckert, Randy Weaver, Pierce, Shirley, probably a few others im forgetting. Tracks i think just an Eldora shirt, probably have old Potomac shirts somewhere. Couple event shirts from Winchester, Potomac and old Pennsboro races. A Longhorn tee and a Rocket hoodie. Think i even have an old Bloomquist beanie somewhere

Couldn't even begin to say.( would guess around 60/70 shirts, 15/20 hoodies)..........some of my driver favorites are my Matt Miller ups brown gunslinger, old beat up Ed gibbons, and Jeff leeka2008 mod championship.

True story and it's totally random......I found a red longhorn crew shirt at the local goodwill one year that fit me ......turns out a guy that lived in my area drove the hauler for a short period somewhere in those early longhorn days and apparently he didn't think much of the chassis either at that time and shipped her off to the goodwill at some point.

Still have it and break it out every now and then just for kicks............red not my favorite color though.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I have over 100 going back to 1989

Most of mine are series or product shirts. I have quite a few product hats. I probably have well over 50 shirts from over the years. Most of them are stained red from the ga clay. I have old Georgia bad boys shirt that probably my favorite.

If we're including products/sponsors then from the last 2 Outlaw shows i attended i think we got 5 or 6 Craftsman hats. They attack you with those things right when you come thru the gates!

Thumbs up

I Have to many to count. A bunch of drivers
    Late Models, Modifieds, Sprints, tracks/Race event Shirt, & Series Shirts.

I do it mostly to show support towards all drivers and thanking them for putting another car on the track and show my appreciation.

I CHALLENGE YOU ALL TO GO INTO YOU CLOSET AND NAME THEM ALL!
    I will here in a little bit.

My next shirts will likely be Shannon Babb & Bobby Pierce shirt.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 09-15-2016 at 03:21 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

My entire wardrobe is racing shirts. My closet is plumb full. Shirts and hoodys both. I have boxes (and boxes) of the old ones. I have piles of them in the basement. I have multiple categories for my wardrobe:

Active: In my Closet, worn on a rotating basis daily.
    Semi-Active: In my Closet, favorites that are worn on special occassions; I break these out for big events.
    Garage-Active, In the basement, also in the garage, used to get dirty in. Usually coffee, tomato sauce or ketchup will relegate an Active status shirt into Garage-Active status.
    Semi-Retired, Piles in my basement. These include old favorites that I just cant stop wearing, typically on weekends or on travel dates to places the shirt might be relevant at. Also a pile of old Ohio speedweek shirts (the past 2 years are in Active) that I take with me and wear at Nationals in Iowa.
    Retired: In boxes in the guest room. In boxes in my closet. In boxes....

I have 4 late model driver shirts on my to aquire list: Devin Moran, Doug Drown, Tyler Carpenter and Delmas Conley.
    Late model % is probably 33% of the total, sprint cars would be the other 33% and event shirts the final 1/3...
    For what its worth...
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

I would be curious to see what an average DLM or sprint car driver makes a year on apparel sales?. I guess most shirts sell between $20 or $25 now with a few drivers creeping toward the $30 range. I find myself looking for bargains ( last year's shirts ) when the national touring series come to town or at a bigger event. I know shirt sales help some of these teams stay on the road....it is big business now.

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?170069-Driver-Shirts

Here's a old link to a thread similar to this. I went through and updated my shirt list...it's still growing. I haven't really changed in size any, so 90% of these shirts on this list still fit. There are a few that got turned into sleeveless shirts too.

I mainly have EPJ, Bloomer, and Richards shirts. I get a lot of product shirts from ordering parts.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

$30 for a t shirt is b.s...........

Bought a Fairbury Tee this year... the last one I bought was a Sleepy Tripp tee sometime in the 80's I guess. But I still have several dozen unsold tee's from my last hot rod show if you need one.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

"SLEEPY TRIP".....now that is a name from the past!!!!!

Yes it is...

I just remembered I still have my white, short sleeve, button drivers shirt from 1970! Wore those in leu of a Nomex suit...
    Last edited by Krooser; 09-15-2016 at 10:41 PM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I figure I have 50 or 60. It's a mixture, drivers shirts such as Ray Cook (have about 20 of his), Shannon Babb, Van Wormer, Bobby Pierce, EPJ. And many event shirts, the Million, 8 or 9 World 100 shirts, several Show Me 100 shirts and World FINALS and North South 100.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 Jay 53 View Post
    I figure I have 50 or 60. It's a mixture, drivers shirts such as Ray Cook (have about 20 of his), Shannon Babb, Van Wormer, Bobby Pierce, EPJ. And many event shirts, the Million, 8 or 9 World 100 shirts, several Show Me 100 shirts and World FINALS and North South 100.
    I love this thread. Not many posters cannot say their favorite shirt wasn't a Arizona sport shirt. I remember going to Indy and looking in their 5 dollar bins for "school shirts" . I loved getting drivers like booper bare and races like the pittsburger 100. Those were the days. Maybe I'm showing age.