Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is the craziest/strangest new setup running now?

Have seen some weird stuff lately. Seems like they are going in different directions now.

Oh I believe it. When lookin at 3 guys new setups they are all over the map. Not like a few years ago.

there is a lot of new variables on the late models of to day, there fore you can try a lot of different combos , hoping you hit on something that nobody else is on . I love it, i think it puts a little ingenuity back in it instead of cookie cutter cars, JMO

I'm running a crazy setup on my Masters that is so far out in left field I can't get through the centre and off. If anyone wants details on how to run mid pack or worse, send me a PM. I can hook you up.

Want a really tight car? move the LRL bar front mounting point from the front of the frame and put it behind the axle. All index, all the hike, but almost no steer. It won't turn in a 40 acre field, lol.

We are on a weid LR rightnow, and some crazy RF stuff. Working on some new 4bar stuff for RR as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by Kwoods25 View Post
    We are on a weid LR rightnow, and some crazy RF stuff. Working on some new 4bar stuff for RR as we speak
    I hear UMP might let some stuff go on the lr...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I hear UMP might let some stuff go on the lr...
    You'd have to be some kind of "Joker" to try and get away with something like that, because Lucas won't allow that funny business.

We don't run Lucas or ump

Quote Originally Posted by Kwoods25 View Post
    We don't run Lucas or ump
    Hard to find a sanction that didn't go all in on Rumley Rules. If you got one, my hats off to them. Now ability to enforce, or guts to enforce when a popular guy wins, is another story entirely.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Here's my take. You can look at one corner of somebody's car and you might see something goofy. If they are fast, you can almost bet your paycheck that they are doing a lot of other things (subtle things) on all other corners to get that to work. If you don't know their scale numbers, ballast placement, and spring rates, that goofy thing you are looking at is nothing more than a novelty item if you put it on your car.

Default Rr spring

Well after hearing of a guy running a 300# RR spring I was wondering how they could get enough LR dynamic wedge to counter that spring. Are they going real soft on the left front? Also when you watch the Lucas guys enter a corner on the gas the are very tight. A lot of them jumping the cushion due to a massive push. And that's before getting up on the LR bars.

Somebody taught me the KISS method years ago & it still holds true today. Don't try & re invent the wheel.

There is no secret set up that will take you from zero to hero. It takes hard work, practice, skill & sometimes luck to be good in a late model.

Oh yes forgot can take a pile of money as well

Quote Originally Posted by toyracer View Post
    Somebody taught me the KISS method years ago & it still holds true today. Don't try & re invent the wheel.There is no secret set up that will take you from zero to hero. It takes hard work, practice, skill & sometimes luck to be good in a late model.Oh yes forgot can take a pile of money as well
    Keeping it simple is for the occasional or weekend racer. I can guarantee you the touring guys are far from simple setups. Have you raced against Richards or clanton lately? They can't be touched with a simple setup.

Remember that last part pocket full of money. Not everyone is running Roush Yates Motor from Andy Durham.

Richards & Bloomer do.

Magic set up won't make an average driver great but a great driver can make an average car better.

What's behind the wheel is very important as well. Driver must be able to take what he feels in the car & make changes that work on the track.

I don't think you get what the house drivers get anyway.

Tell me who is winning with a Pierce car other than Bobby.

I blame bloomer for starting the process by cars going up. Then rousch yates with motors. Then nascar with the money and the engineering. Hav a tampa days a car show for good money could have a 100 car plus show up. Coin toss on the winner. Not know. Its that 1% that are on top and regional racers can hardly even run with them. I think supers could price there selves out like nascar is doing. Just a thought.
    Last edited by money17; 09-19-2016 at 10:58 PM.

I agree with you Money17.
    I think it was Tony Stewart who said if NASCAR keeps allowing all this technology it will become just like Formula 1. I think he was right.

Dirt is going the same way but how do you stop it?

Rules will stop anything

Default Mike marlar

So marlar has half a million in his team, has a pull down rig, has data acquisition?Doubt it. But he does have a motor and a setup that made his car hook up better than anyone else last race. So he's running a simple old school setup? Not a chance. But I'm sure he's got some crazy shocks, dual/lockout springs with a bump stop/bump spring in one or more corners. This was my question. Not why it's so expensive. Geez, this isn't the gossip section.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtmod13 View Post
    So marlar has half a million in his team, has a pull down rig, has data acquisition?Doubt it. But he does have a motor and a setup that made his car hook up better than anyone else last race. So he's running a simple old school setup? Not a chance. But I'm sure he's got some crazy shocks, dual/lockout springs with a bump stop/bump spring in one or more corners. This was my question. Not why it's so expensive. Geez, this isn't the gossip section.
    Bump stops and bump springs are normal these days. Marlar had enough gas, enough power, and a balanced car. Way more balanced than Zero, actually.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1