Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

As soon as some of the idiots from the gossip section get into one of these threads it is poisoned.
    More rules = more money. And that period at the end of that sentence couldn't be big enough.
    Yes Mike Marlar has good equipment and working with Capital has helped him. But I'll say this: That guy is a really really good driver. Probably the most underrated dirt late model driver today.

I dont believe in the monkey see monkey do way of doing things. It doesn't always take the latest & greatest stuff to win races. It does take a certain skill level & competence behind the wheel & making adjustments.

The questioned was what is some of the crazy stuff being done.

My point is if Mark Richards or Bloomer could say we run our shocks on a special horizontal mount & you can only get it from me for 1k a lot of people would buy hoping they can catch lighting in a bottle.

Dont get caught listening to all the special set ups. Do your homework & see what works best for your car & driving style.

Toyracer, I don't disagree with your logic at all. But the truth of the matter is that there are some setups that are bad fast that people simply are not sharing in places like this. Somebody might throw you a bone but that's about it. Refer to my first post on this thread. The problem for people that don't understand the big picture is that one major adjustment on one corner of a car has a huge impact on the other 3 corners. You have to know how to compensate and get your balance back. You can change dynamics and achieve the same balance but it takes time. We had some stuff last week that really worked but learned that it was REALLY hard on right side tires and didn't last past 10 or 12 laps...Hmmm....guess what we did this week to bring the balance back?
    If you finish a race and RF, RR, and LR tire temps are within 10 degrees...you had a REALLY good car.
    I digress...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    Toyracer, I don't disagree with your logic at all. But the truth of the matter is that there are some setups that are bad fast that people simply are not sharing in places like this. Somebody might throw you a bone but that's about it. Refer to my first post on this thread. The problem for people that don't understand the big picture is that one major adjustment on one corner of a car has a huge impact on the other 3 corners. You have to know how to compensate and get your balance back. You can change dynamics and achieve the same balance but it takes time. We had some stuff last week that really worked but learned that it was REALLY hard on right side tires and didn't last past 10 or 12 laps...Hmmm....guess what we did this week to bring the balance back?
    If you finish a race and RF, RR, and LR tire temps are within 10 degrees...you had a REALLY good car.
    I digress...
    Good post......I have never bought into the 1 adj at a time. It usually takes 2 or more to get the balance back.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

a25rjr you never got your balance back since the time you fell down the stairs

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    a25rjr you never got your balance back since the time you fell down the stairs
    ....so says Mr. Sidewalk! ^^^^^^^^
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

who says I HIT THE SIDEWALK and prove that I DID

I think the thing that allows those big guys to make all those insane set ups work is the fact that they race and race and race some more way more than me or you ever will in one year and they can test that stuff

I'm adapting a Rumley device to run on the RF...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtmod13 View Post
    ...They can't be touched with a simple setup.
    Have you tried or are you just guessing?