Default Parts for a blue/gray rocket

I have been looking on the web at spindles, a-arms, and tie rods the description says it is for a blue rocket. Will they work on a blue/gray rocket or is the blue/gray have specific parts. I know the gray spindle has adjustables for steering. Will a sweet steering rack for a blue work on a blue/gray.Can parts be mixed matched.
    Last edited by strong08; 09-16-2016 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by strong08 View Post
    I have been looking on the web at spindles, a-arms, and tie rods the description says it is for a blue rocket. Will they work on a blue/gray rocket or is the blue/gray have specific parts. I know the gray spindle has adjustables for steering. Will a sweet steering rack for a blue work on a blue/gray.Can parts be mixed matched.
    Gray spindle is just a spindle for a blue car.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Grey spindle is uncommon, Hybrid spindles are popular, with slotted ackerman adjustable. Rack is same, spindle steering arm length is only difference I believe, perhaps tie rod tube length, or just the adjusted length. Don't buy used spindles without checking them with a spindle gauge. Or you may spend a lot of time adjusting outside whats the norm because a bent part. Blue/Gray is same exact car, dependent on which spindle is on it whether some call it a Blue car, Grey car or blue/grey car is used as generic name for chassis. You would be wise to get a rack for the wide RF option, if your chassis has that provision.

I was looking at buying a 2016 blue/gray from a dealer. It needs to be built. A lot web sites has has Howe a-arms that are blue didn't know if they would work.How do you know you are looking at a hybrid spindle. I found one web site that is a rocket dealer that has spindles that are gray in color and says it will fit a gray combo car.Would I be better off getting a strictly a blue car?

Quote Originally Posted by strong08 View Post
    I was looking at buying a 2016 blue/gray from a dealer. It needs to be built. A lot web sites has has Howe a-arms that are blue didn't know if they would work.How do you know you are looking at a hybrid spindle. I found one web site that is a rocket dealer that has spindles that are gray in color and says it will fit a gray combo car.Would I be better off getting a strictly a blue car?
    All Howe upper control arms come in blue. That has nothing to do with Rocket's color scheme identification.

The Blue and Gray car is the same. The difference is in the spindle. The spindle has two holes or is slotted to mount the tie rod. They made it this way so you could use one spindle to make it blue or gray depending on which holes you use.

The tie rod endpoint is the ONLY DIFFERENCE between a blue and a grey spindle ?@?!@#?

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX10 View Post
    The tie rod endpoint is the ONLY DIFFERENCE between a blue and a grey spindle ?@?!@#?
    I would have thought someone outright said that, at some point when you was asking questions about your car at some point. Sorry if that wasn't ever said. Without looking it up they are roughly around 4.5 vs 5.25" on steering arm length give or take some from memory. Obviously if you have the slotted grey spindle you can set anywhere in that range.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 09-17-2016 at 04:48 PM.