Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Camaro Clip Leaf Car vs Metric 4 link car

Pros and cons of each?
    If your driving on the edge, you are trespassing on my property!!!

Camaro front suspension is better.You can make the leaf springs real simple or as complex as you want.

If it's allowed on your home track and that's about the only place you race, Camaros will eat that metric cars lunch. Especially if it's dry slick.

Quote Originally Posted by 32racingjunkie View Post
    If it's allowed on your home track and that's about the only place you race, Camaros will eat that metric cars lunch. Especially if it's dry slick.
    Not true at all. Look at the Nesmith Street Stock series. Metrics dominate.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

If you want to completely rebuild the front end with new Nova lowers, pinto spindles and different center links, and a host of other changes you might be right. But straight out of the box the metric won't do it. And if I want to go that far, put carbon fiber leafs on and lighten the front springs on that camaro and I'll put it against anything on any track. Camaros are more race ready for the beginner.

Metric's rear suspension six... they like to dance around with their crappy four link. I have a WISSOTA super stock chassis with a Camaro stub and Mopar leaf rear... best of both worlds.

The only reason so many guys run metrics is they aren't smart enough to run a Ford Crown Vic frame that has a four bar rear...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I like being able to change the rear springs on a moments notice . If you know whats wrong with the factory design, you can easily manipulate it with changing the length and rate.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

In a pure/factory stock class hands down Camaro will be faster. Reason why a lot of tracks don't allow them. You can take any junk Camaro, setup right will beat any high dollar metric car..

Metric. No comparison if you know how to set a car up. Metric more consistent

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Metric's rear suspension six... they like to dance around with their crappy four link. I have a WISSOTA super stock chassis with a Camaro stub and Mopar leaf rear... best of both worlds.

The only reason so many guys run metrics is they aren't smart enough to run a Ford Crown Vic frame that has a four bar rear...
    keep that a secret there krooser , im building one for my daughter rite now, was wanting to have it ready to hot lap some before the end of the year, but looks like it will be spring now.

Metric more consistent? LMAO

Or go with a leaf spring which IAMN loves binding issues. Hahaha

crown vic/grand marquee is the best of the linked rear ends cars, if you know what years to look for on the rear suspension.
    Ford front end is far superior to the metric, and very similar to the Camaro.

be nice if rules would allow chevy motor and trans in the Ford chassis, but most will not let you cross breed.

But I believe you can build more power, smoother power with a Ford, just hard to sell if you want to ever get out.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

hush your mouth justadddirt, your telling to much , us poor ole blue oval racers need a break...LOL.....

I built a nova leaf car to max of the imca rules.. then 71/77 full sized.. then a mitric car
    2 wins 6 -8 wins 45 wins in the metric.

metric was like a go cark. its narrower side to side so more side bite and forward drive

Default blue oval

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    hush your mouth justadddirt, your telling to much , us poor ole blue oval racers need a break...LOL.....
    lol... I understand. mouth shut from here on out.
    I'm out
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Leaf cars are not very competitive around here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by oilman View Post
    Leaf cars are not very competitive around here anymore.
    Not here either. A few builders like Rocketman, are winning everything!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Depends on the rules both can win.

I have a metric stomping Camaros up North, but I still believe if the guys in the camaros knew what in the world they were doing and stopped working about the monte they would be winning races