Thread: Bottoming out

Default Bottoming out

Car hadling half way decent over on the right front but tearing up skid plates left and right. Even getting on the frame rails entering and ruining good runs. 2014 rocket blue. Rf 275# 3 spring rubbers. When adding reboud car wont get over and stay over so i dont have any traction in the center. Need some help/advice.

How much travel are you getting on the rf?

Can you run on a stack? Or put in a heavy bump spring to limit travel?

Have you upgraded to the raised crossmember for the blue? Pretty common problem unless it has the 2015 updates

Quote Originally Posted by phenom08 View Post
    How much travel are you getting on the rf?
    Not sure how much travel we are getting. Obviously too much but does anyone know how mich i can get before bottoming out?

If you do have a raised crossmember or a "newer" car in general with the raised cross member I typically find when I pack the rack full of mud the driver (myself) is too blame. When I overdrive and make mistakes like jumping out of the gas too hard then I notice the frame dig in.

If the crossmember is not raised then get it raised, then blame the driver if that does not fix it.

You could also go to the drop snout spindles to give yourself some additional travel room.

We aim for 4" travel and usually never travel more than 4.25" and our skid plate still looks new. Sounds like your traveling too much

We aim for 4" travel and usually never travel more than 4.25" and our skid plate still looks new. Sounds like your traveling too much
    Im just learning about this stuff but should i use the hockey puck bump stops and shims to stop my travel at 4" and get my load rate at 4"?

Yes you want to set your load numbers for 4" of travel

Yes you want to set your load numbers for 4" of travel
    Check your inbox buddy

I run stacks and bumps both and set it to about 2200 pounds at 4" but honestly man if you just lay off the brake pedal I think the problem would stop and you wouldn't have to worry about getting a cross member update etc. It's a little awkward to drive without it at first but after forcing myself to do it I haven't had the problem since.