Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Football

Default NFL Football

Well ... I havnt watched any football since the NFL is letting the Over Paid players show their disrespect to flag .... Two games in already & I'm fine doing other things than watching TV ....Yesterday I cleaned out my shed which was long over do anyway .... I'm voicing my opinion just like they are doing .... I can find plenty to do .... The boats coming out of the garage next weekend .... That should keep me busy for awhile ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Its still rigged!!!!!

The Democrat white house and it's cronies are trying to co-op sports to help get their political message out to the people. If the NFL doesn't play ball with them they face the threats like concussion lawsuits. The state run media jumps in to find malcontents and televise them at every chance.

It's the government's fault.

says the man in the tin hat

Men need to stop supporting this garbage anyway, put your energy into yourself, improve your own health, and mental well being.

Good points. I can tell you this. I am 70 and found out long ago the importance of staying in shape and not getting fat. You get this age you want to still be reasonably agile. FEEL BETTER too.
    Running up to the top of the stands at a track is priority one with me. Love to see the looks on people's faces. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Well ... I havnt watched any football since the NFL is letting the Over Paid players show their disrespect to flag .... Two games in already & I'm fine doing other things than watching TV ....Yesterday I cleaned out my shed which was long over do anyway .... I'm voicing my opinion just like they are doing .... I can find plenty to do .... The boats coming out of the garage next weekend .... That should keep me busy for awhile ....
    Right there with ya Bob. Totally done with NFL. Nothing but a bunch of ghetto thugs that are overpaid. NFL could end tomorrow and I'd be fine with it. Let them get real jobs in a real world. That would never happen. Most would go on welfare. Few could hold down a real job.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Right there with ya Bob. Totally done with NFL. Nothing but a bunch of ghetto thugs that are overpaid. NFL could end tomorrow and I'd be fine with it. Let them get real jobs in a real world. That would never happen. Most would go on welfare. Few could hold down a real job.
    Not one dollar spent on the NFL in 2016. I love the Bears but no more. Do you imagine if white america stopped spending money on the nfl or nba?

Love football, but its always kind of a bummer because the start of football season marks the end of the summer and I love summers best and really hate the cold winters. But, football kind of gets me from fall to February then it's just a couple months before fishing season starts up again and the weather warms up.

I wouldn't let one guy stop me from enjoying a sport I love to watch.

On a side note, so many people have this attitude that he should be disciplined or run out of town on a rail for his protest actions and they call him out as "unpatriotic" or "anti-American" and being disrespectful to the fallen for doing this protest.

Really?

Here I was thinking that what we and our soldiers fight for is freedom for us in America, and that includes the freedom to protest peacefully in any manner we choose things that we find offensive in our nation. That being said, when someone exercises that freedom, we should be thankful we all live in a nation where that protest doesn't get you shot or thrown in jail. It just gets people talking about the issue.

To me the greater disrespect to our fallen would be to NOT exercise our right to protest. People died for that freedom, we should allow our citizens the right to exercise that freedom without being branded traitors.

I don't recall who said it, but it goes something like "I do not agree with what you say, but I will die to defend your right to say it."

Something to think about. Instead of bashing him for protesting, be thankful you live in a nation where you CAN protest without losing your life or freedom. And that IS what our fallen died for.

How about stopping the media feasting on these unpatriotic people and ignoring them instead of literally trying to side with them?
    Don't put cameras on them just ignore them.

how about simply being a team member

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    how about simply being a team member
    Yes or go home and sell black market cigarettes! And protest cops.

is that your second job

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    is that your second job
    Just can't be nice can you? Old Fang to the penalty box again!!!

There it is... "feasting on UNPATRIOTIC people." People died to protect the American right to freedom of speech, freedom of expression, but when some people exercise that right they immediately get branded unpatriotic for doing so.

Since when does loving your country have anything to do with your right to protest what you don't agree with in a peaceful manner? He isn't doing anything violent, he isn't inciting violence, he isn't saying he hates America or the police or anything like that. He takes a knee during the national anthem and explained the reason he does it is because he believes the violence against people of color by the authorities put in place to protect people needs to be addressed.

Excuse me for thinking so, but that is way more patriotic than trying to shut him up by bullying and name calling and accusing him of treason.

Like I said before, if some of you on here had your way, America would be a dictatorship dominated by your oppression and punishment of anyone who dares disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    There it is... "feasting on UNPATRIOTIC people." People died to protect the American right to freedom of speech, freedom of expression, but when some people exercise that right they immediately get branded unpatriotic for doing so.

Since when does loving your country have anything to do with your right to protest what you don't agree with in a peaceful manner? He isn't doing anything violent, he isn't inciting violence, he isn't saying he hates America or the police or anything like that. He takes a knee during the national anthem and explained the reason he does it is because he believes the violence against people of color by the authorities put in place to protect people needs to be addressed.

Excuse me for thinking so, but that is way more patriotic than trying to shut him up by bullying and name calling and accusing him of treason.

Like I said before, if some of you on here had your way, America would be a dictatorship dominated by your oppression and punishment of anyone who dares disagree with you.
    Old Glory stands for the 1.2 million men and women who gave their life defending our freedom. I don't see any where this "spoiled punk" gave his life or any of his millions of dollars for this country. The flag stands for every American so when you disrespect it you disrespect everyone.

I don't have a problem with him protesting anything as long as it is respectful. One sports announcer stated he should stay in the lockerroom until after the anthem is played. I believe that would be ok to most people.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

If you start introducing additional standards to protest, where do you stop? Respectful is a subjective term. What one person finds disrespectful, another one may not.

I would counter by saying it's disrespectful to the people he is protesting on behalf of to tell him not to be on the field taking a knee but to stay in the locker room where no one can see him as his protest. Because some people might be offended if they see him taking a knee, and goodness me, we can't let that happen!

The point of protest IS to make people uncomfortable or confront something they would rather not address. There is only one standard, and that is peaceful. So he is within his rights to do exactly what he is doing without being branded unpatriotic for it. It's ridiculous to talk about freedom and our rights and those who died for it, then criticize someone when they exercise that right.

And by the way, just to correct you on something, when we stand before games we are standing for the National Anthem, not to honor the flag. There are other flag ceremonies to honor the flag and our fallen. The ceremony before the game is for the playing of the national anthem. And his reasoning is if this is truly a National anthem, then it should be a country that treats all citizens equally, and he does not believe that all citizens are being treated equally under the law. So he is protesting to spark a debate and bring attention to the injustices he see.

Everyone can have an opinion on this, but I just think he is honoring the fallen by exercising his freedom they died for. Regardless of whether some other people like it or not. If a lot of people didn't like it, it would hardly be much of a protest, would it?
    Last edited by t.nie; 09-28-2016 at 08:10 AM.

your right he should stay in the locker room for the whole game so what do we even stand for why is the flag their either , when honoring the country and flag leave your petty differences at the door there are times to protest and there is time we do not , by the way some kid might be looking up to him as a role model
    Last edited by old fan; 09-28-2016 at 08:23 AM.

I see a guy exercising his right to protest his government. It's funny how you guys all just love Donald Trump because he is leading the revolution against the government elites with his campaign for President and all his big anti-government talk, but when you see a football player protesting government, he's a traitor and unpatriotic.

Both are just exercising their right to freedom of speech and to protest their government.

Disrespecting the country or flag and protesting the government and their actions seems like two different things to me. I believe it's possible to love the country, flag, and Constitution and dislike the people who try to trample on it. That goes for people in either party.