Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SAS announcer

Default SAS announcer

Did anybody watch the SAS race that madden won this week? This announcer is absolutely out of his mind. Thought he was joking at first when he said one of the drivers was on some Cheech and Chong lol. Go to DOD and watch the smokey mtn race. This guy is a riot. Screams the whole time. Who hired this guy?

I think that dude is great!

He is like one of the old cheap pro wrestling series announcers.. Had me rolling

Quote Originally Posted by MBRCompound View Post
    I think that dude is great!
    Ditto.........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I like him as well. It is a change up to what we are used to hearing

Yes a cross between Madden the football announcer and Wolf Man Jack. He froths at the mouth while sounding like a bullfrog. Different and good. A little corny at times and Someone in here took offense to him saying OMG. Of Course someone in here will be offended of about anything. He had a SAS shirt on. I take it he is official SAS announcer.

I like him too..... Does a great job and crakes me up as well. He is a little load but not nearly as load as the WoO guy.

I don't mind listening to him, as he does bring a different style to the mic for sure. Just wish he would lay off saying "OMG" some. I realize it doesn't offend everyone, and that's fine, jmo.
    I live with fear, but sometimes she lets me race.

OMG, At least he has one and talks to him. He may not say what God wants to hear but so many don't even talk. Do you suppose, if he gets one person thinking about God, God will forgive him for using his name so lightly.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Yes a cross between Madden the football announcer and Wolf Man Jack. He froths at the mouth while sounding like a bullfrog. Different and good. A little corny at times and Someone in here took offense to him saying OMG. Of Course someone in here will be offended of about anything. He had a SAS shirt on. I take it he is official SAS announcer.
    I think the guy does a good job, but I to wish he'd leave out a few sayings that aren't necessary.

I liked him the first couple times i heard him and thought it was different and still pretty funny. But lately especially from last weekend he's just too over the top. Sometimes his punch lines made no sense to what he was trying to describe...like his cheech&chong comment, it didnt relate to anything, he just said it. Id be ok with the "dab on he sucka's" and the like if he didnt have a 1 liner for every lap. Also not just him but most announcers, why do they feel the need to yell at the top of their lungs into the mic? We get it, it's exciting, were watching it to...you can be excited and raise our voice without yelling at the viewers/fans.

Yep no need for a one liner in every turn. But you have to get feedback to get better. He will do better moving forward.

I think most dirt announcers sound like wrestling announcers, probably due to the severe overuse of nicknames, constantly!!!

You can't beat James Essex, Dustin Jarrett, and Ben Shelton.

Unless you throw eschelman in the mix.......then it would be a tough call....IMO.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Essex is a trip. He was talking about Christian Mccafrry from Stanford being a fast white boy. He said white lives matter too. I about fell off the couch

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback29A1 View Post
    I liked him the first couple times i heard him and thought it was different and still pretty funny. But lately especially from last weekend he's just too over the top. Sometimes his punch lines made no sense to what he was trying to describe...like his cheech&chong comment, it didnt relate to anything, he just said it. Id be ok with the "dab on he sucka's" and the like if he didnt have a 1 liner for every lap. Also not just him but most announcers, why do they feel the need to yell at the top of their lungs into the mic? We get it, it's exciting, were watching it to...you can be excited and raise our voice without yelling at the viewers/fans.
    I agree. At first I thought his style was a nice change, but I think he needs to pump the brakes a little bit at this point.

that's one thing I will miss this weekends James at brownstown for an ole fan that would bring back memories

Old fan aka "Boomhaur", man you really have a hard time documenting thoughts into words. You need to invest in an essay app or something. It's like trying to translate the baby talk of a 16 month old baby to a man who can't speak English.

If you really want to know about mistakes, you should ask your parents.