Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who is headed to Brownstown

I'm gonna make the 5 hour trip out. Will prob drive it all Saturday. Anyone familiar with the town that has any restaurant recommendations, help a brother out? Gonna take my wife and my 11 year old son out. Checked out the sight on the internet and seating looked good. JD looked dominant last year with Marlar making a late charge! Should be a good one

I went last Saturday and racing was spectacular. 3 different racing grooves. Hope its as good this Saturday. Depends on where u are coming from. I actually live 3 hrs from Brownstown myself but Seymour, Ind is 10 miles from Brownstown and they have some good restaurants. Most of your fast food places are there and I am sure they got few buffets and all. Just google Seymour, Ind attractions and restaurants and I am sure you could find some good places. Get there as early as u can cuz they begin marking off seats at noon and they fill up fast for this event. Got there last year I think around 4 or so and had to sit on the bottom almost in turn 4. Not my favorite place to sit at this track. I am planning on heading out bout 7 Saturday morning so I can get a good seat.

turn 4 is great seats up high lol

Get there as soon as you can. It is general admission and the good spots go quick. I live about two and a half hours away and i always try to be there by atleast 1 if you want good seats. Place fills up quick and usually is a good show. LuvRacin was right, all the good eats are in Seymour, from Applebee's to pizza to Sonic. Pit passes are over-priced in my opinion, but if thats not your thing you should have a great time regardless!! I go every year and always enjoy my trip down there!!

its a shame its not like it use to before a sanction came in but times have changed

If you have the time the best food is at the Story Inn north of Brownstown on 135 in Story about a 1/2 north. The breakfast, lunch, and dinner is top notch. They have a bar in the basement if food is not on your radar. It sits on the edge of Brown County State Park. If you have some time stop in Nashville Indiana, you will definately score points with the better half because of all the little shops. Antiques and knick-knacks galore. If you go stop in Big Woods brewing. The "Busted Knuckle Ale" and pulled pork nachos are fantastic!!

I will be coming from West Virginia. Havnt checked the route but may drive through cincy

Anyone coming i64 to louisville to get on i65 north exspect delays and long detours from major downtown construction

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    I will be coming from West Virginia. Havnt checked the route but may drive through cincy
    Going through Cincy and Lawrenceburg and taking H50? I don't like that road very well. But as mentioned above, going to Louisville you may run into delays. Sounds like a rough haul.

Like to meet you at the track!

Going through Louisville on a Saturday is not that bad they way they have it now. But if you're coming through on Friday, I'd consider a different route.

I would be willing to bet going through Cincy will be worse than Louisville. Ohio is awful.

Mapquest is saying from I 64W I will pick up 71south towards Louisville to I65N towards Indy. Been that way only twice that I can remember in my life. Any updates on traffic would be appreciated

Missed bleedsblues comment. Dam! Looks like I'm in for a major delay

I live in Louisville and there will be some stop and go traffic on Friday if you will be coming thru between 3pm to 6pm. Anytime before or after shouldn't be too bad.

You're not in for major delays if you're driving through on a Saturday. I live 15 north miles of Louisville and drive through there several times a week for work. It isn't bad on weekends at all. You'll be fine as long as there isn't a wreck or something. The construction is almost done and isn't nearly as bad as it was just a few weeks ago.
    That being said, if you go BACK that way, you should know that you can NOT get on I-64 or I-71 from south bound I-65. Those ramps are still closed. You will have to detour and there are 3 or more options. Which is better is debatable depending on time of day and your knowledge of traffic elsewhere in the city.

Another route for coming in is would be getting off of I-71 at exit 34 (Hwy 421) and then cross the river to Madison, Indiana. From there you can take Hwy 56 over to I-65. This is one way of avoiding Cincy and Louisville and shouldn't cost you much time at all. And it is a pretty scenic drive.

Appreciate the help fellas. Would I better my trip by running 35N to Ohio32 and hit 275 and run that in?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    Another route for coming in is would be getting off of I-71 at exit 34 (Hwy 421) and then cross the river to Madison, Indiana. From there you can take Hwy 56 over to I-65. This is one way of avoiding Cincy and Louisville and shouldn't cost you much time at all. And it is a pretty scenic drive.
    This is how you should go. Get on 75 in Lexington, take it to 71, and then go through Madison. I love Brownstown's track. If it's dry slick, it's fantastic racing. However, the seating is possibly the worst of any well known track I've ever been to. The good seats along the frontstretch are gone early, and the rest are terrible. We quit going a few years ago for this reason. Good luck.

If the seating here is worse than Tyler county I would be highly surprised. I love the racing but that facilities is 110% chithole. I took a shower in the bath house up there and was fukn surprised I didn't catch malaria or scarlet fever. Thought the bleachers were gonna collapse. I cursed myself all weekend for staying overnight up there. If Bloomquist would have had a bad run, I would have had a stroke lol. I will pout a while and say I'm never going back to a 2 day show up there but I promise if God is willing my dumbarse will be back..

you could get lost in your momma's back yard

Old fan please do not ever mention my mother again. We lost her tragically about a month ago. It's tough man