Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    If the seating here is worse than Tyler county I would be highly surprised. I love the racing but that facilities is 110% chithole. I took a shower in the bath house up there and was fukn surprised I didn't catch malaria or scarlet fever. Thought the bleachers were gonna collapse. I cursed myself all weekend for staying overnight up there. If Bloomquist would have had a bad run, I would have had a stroke lol. I will pout a while and say I'm never going back to a 2 day show up there but I promise if God is willing my dumbarse will be back..
    The covered grandstand is one of the best around. All concrete inside with the most leg room you will find about anywhere.

Hopefully NOT dryslick and a grit fest in the eyes this time!

Who all is headed up? I figured I had never been so this weekend is as good as any. Only had 3 more planned in the Pittsburger, DTWC, and Charlotte. Pittsburg was a no brainier because of the prestige and possibly being the last year. I can be to Portsmouth in less than 3 hours and Charlotte in less than 4 so how could I miss that?

Who all is headed up? I figured I had never been so this weekend is as good as any. Only had 3 more planned in the Pittsburger, DTWC, and Charlotte. Pittsburg was a no brainier because of the prestige and possibly being the last year. I can be to Portsmouth in less than 3 hours and Charlotte in less than 4 so how could I miss that?
    How many times have you been to chrlt? Jw
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 09-20-2016 at 08:57 PM.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Going be my 9th Lucas race whoop whoop go BLOOMER

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    The covered grandstand is one of the best around. All concrete inside with the most leg room you will find about anywhere.Hopefully NOT dryslick and a grit fest in the eyes this time!
    you smoking the funny weed again

It's been confirmed that the Lucas Oil Pittsburgher will be back in 2017. I was there Labor Day weekend and the track was awesome. There were 6 grooves...an inch from the inside guard rail, and inch from the outside wall, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    you smoking the funny weed again
    Old Fang you know I'm right.

Clayton I watched a Lucas race on YouTube and it was taped from a seat under the covered grandstand. Looked like you could see the track well. I will be in the pits most of the night but hopefully I can get under the covered area. I'm with you Clayton

clayton whines and carrys on about blackstone for a weekly show but this one is different I Say this that race for mat stinks

clayton whines and carrys on about blackstone for a weekly show but this one is different I Say this that race for mat stinks
    Hey old fang, I'm not really building this race up, experience is telling me that it probably will be yet another grit blasting and shimmering black at the finish!

No rain period forecasted.

all the more reason to prep the track correct and start a lil later

Centeroff dont bet that u will get a seat under the covered grand stands if u got to the pits unless u got a friend saving u one or u sit on the bottom. This race last year was absolutely packed and almost standing room only in the GA. I was there last week and they had rain shower moved through early in the day. The track was heavy at first then as the night went on the surface began to slick off on the high side. It was literally 3 distinctive grooves all night long and some of the best racing I have seen in very very long time. Hope its the same this Saturday cuz that place was lot of fun last week. Probably the best 15 bucks I had spent in a long time

Appreciate the help fellas. Would I better my trip by running 35N to Ohio32 and hit 275 and run that in?
    yep then I think its 50west run you to it

Old fan please do not ever mention my mother again. We lost her tragically about a month ago. It's tough man
    Very sorry to hear this Center, I am going through my final days with Mom right now, and am dreading the day so much when it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Very sorry to hear this Center, I am going through my final days with Mom right now, and am dreading the day so much when it comes.
    Sorry to hear that wetter.. Was real close too my mom and That was hard on me...

Should get to the track around 1030-11 depending on traffic. Getting excited fellas

all the more reason to prep the track correct and start a lil later
    But Friday night will burn it up and nothing much done about it for Saturday.

Track prep???
    Didn't they ban that when Y2K come along...
    Hard to believe it's been that long...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    This is how you should go. Get on 75 in Lexington, take it to 71, and then go through Madison. I love Brownstown's track. If it's dry slick, it's fantastic racing. However, the seating is possibly the worst of any well known track I've ever been to. The good seats along the frontstretch are gone early, and the rest are terrible. We quit going a few years ago for this reason. Good luck.
    It was dry slick, you would have loved this train. You really know your racing TM!!!