Default Clint Smith Racing

Just seen on his website where he has won 23 races on the 2016 racing season. Clint is have a pretty good 2016!

He is running weekly at senioa speedway only pretty much.

He's the 2016 track champion in both Supers and Limiteds

He's probably having the time of his life.......great for him.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Agreed. I think it would be great to be able to travel the country up and down the high way hitting different tracks for big money but could easily get burnt out on after awhile. Saw an article on here somewhere were Clint said it's very nice to be able to hang around his shop everyday and sleep in his own bed every night. Think he also said it seems that he's even busier due to him helping so many other drivers out of his shop. Nothing wrong with doing things your way as long as it makes you happy.

It takes a very special person to run full time on a national tour. Sometimes we as fans forget that. You have to make a lot of sacrifices with your family....missing birthdays, weddings, family vacations, etc. It is not easy being away from home weeks at a time, eating crappy food, staying up late after the races at car washes, sleeping in a hotel or your motorhome, working on the race car in the blazing sun and heat. etc. You also have the pressure to perform to keep your car owner happy and to put a roof, not only over you and your family's head, but also that of your crew members.....Not an easy life!!! That is why only a handful of racers throughout the country, whether in a DLM or sprint car do it.
    Last edited by BTExpress; 09-22-2016 at 09:59 AM.

Well said BTExpress. I always laugh to myself when people complain on message boards as to why so and so didn't drive x amount of hours/miles to run a race. None of us are paying the bills, and most all of us choose which races to attend base on our own schedules. Racers aren't any different.
    I live with fear, but sometimes she lets me race.

I know Clint stated in a interview that he just wears his race suit home after the races and if he forgets anything they just run down the road to the shop and get it. He occasionally runs Rome on Sundays as well. I guess you could call it retirement racing. He probably does pretty good on extra income working on customers cars.

When the 2015 season ended and Clint Smith run his last tour race, as he was driving home and then rolled into Senioa Georgia, I bet he said look out boys.....The CAT DADDY is back............lol

Wish many of WoO and Lucas drivers stay home and race locally.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    It takes a very special person to run full time on a national tour. Sometimes we as fans forget that. You have to make a lot of sacrifices with your family....missing birthdays, weddings, family vacations, etc. It is not easy being away from home weeks at a time, eating crappy food, staying up late after the races at car washes, sleeping in a hotel or your motorhome, working on the race car in the blazing sun and heat. etc. You also have the pressure to perform to keep your car owner happy and to put a roof, not only over you and your family's head, but also that of your crew members.....Not an easy life!!! That is why only a handful of racers throughout the country, whether in a DLM or sprint car do it.
    Great post lot of us forget those things.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Very good post. It relates to my line of work too. Drivers quitting because of family I 100% understand.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.