Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Port Royal and Lucas Oil

I would love to see the Lucas Oil Late Models come to Port Royal in the future. It would be a great show at a awesome track. Let's step up to the plate Port Royal the fans deserve this.

Quote Originally Posted by bighalfmile View Post
    I would love to see the Lucas Oil Late Models come to Port Royal in the future. It would be a great show at a awesome track. Let's step up to the plate Port Royal the fans deserve this.
    I would prefer the WoO but wouldn't complain about either series. Would make sense for them to go WoO since the two day Lernerville show flopped this year to run Lernerville $10k on Fri, Port Royal $10k on Sat and $8k at Selinsgrove on Sunday. Kind of like the Mid Atlantic Swing, would probably draw some great car counts. In addition they already have a partnership with WoO through the Sprint Cars so the foundation is already there. Would also love to see the WoO LM at a track like Lincoln as well. Think that would be a great show.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

"Would make sense for them to go WoO since the two day Lernerville show flopped this year to run Lernerville $10k on Fri, Port Royal $10k on Sat and $8k at Selinsgrove on Sunday. Kind of like the Mid Atlantic Swing, would probably draw some great"

Couldn't agree more on all your points. Think it would be a good thing for the Mid-Atlantic Late Model scene.

First, It's nice to see a post about the best dirt track in MD, VA, WV. Hands Down, the best!!

Congratulations Selinsgrove, you put yourself in the Hagerstown category this year for Boring! Go back and watch the WOO race at Selinsgrove compared to every single race video on Dirt on Dirt and you will see my point! Selinsgrove is a #2 out of a #10. How many supers did you lose this year? Good thing you had Route 35 between the two tracks or you would have seen how "terrific" your racing surface was. All year - BORING!

Now, Port Royal on the other hand. Never a dull moment. 3 wide racing all year. Fast, Intense, Awesome! A local show made to feel like a regional, special event! Fans traveling from far away just to see a great racetrack with great action.

Now, all you Hagerstown, Selinsgrove, Whoever Fans, challenge me on those points. I'm ready!

Port Royal should have multiple WOO and Lucas races. Ranked #6 on the Dirt on Dirt pole for the best tracks in the country and doesn't even have Lucas or WOO. Port, just make sure you ALWAYS do this. Run the 410 sprints with the Supers. It creates the best racing surface a team could ever want!

Yes, I'm sick and tired of follow the leader racetracks with ZERO passing. Selinsgrove, welcome to Hagerstown!
    Last edited by UMPDream; 09-23-2016 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UMPDream View Post
    First, It's nice to see a post about the best dirt track in MD, VA, WV. Hands Down, the best!!

Congratulations Selinsgrove, you put yourself in the Hagerstown category this year for Boring! Go back and watch the WOO race at Selinsgrove compared to every single race video on Dirt on Dirt and you will see my point! Selinsgrove is a #2 out of a #10. How many supers did you lose this year? Good thing you had Route 35 between the two tracks or you would have seen how "terrific" your racing surface was. All year - BORING!

Now, Port Royal on the other hand. Never a dull moment. 3 wide racing all year. Fast, Intense, Awesome! A local show made to feel like a regional, special event! Fans traveling from far away just to see a great racetrack with great action.

Now, all you Hagerstown, Selinsgrove, Whoever Fans, challenge me on those points. I'm ready!

Port Royal should have multiple WOO and Lucas races. Ranked #6 on the Dirt on Dirt pole for the best tracks in the country and doesn't even have Lucas or WOO. Port, just make sure you ALWAYS do this. Run the 410 sprints with the Supers. It creates the best racing surface a team could ever want!

Yes, I'm sick and tired of follow the leader racetracks with ZERO passing. Selinsgrove, welcome to Hagerstown!
    The WoO race at SG wasn't the best -- I'll concede that, I only got to watch the racing there once though so I don't know how it is every week. Hagerstown on the other hand has produced some great racing this season, of course if you are always at Port you wouldn't know that. It is occasionally one lane with no passing (it was slick and one lane almost the entire season in 2015, the racing wasn't good) but I've seen a few great races there this season, and what about the LOLMDS race? One of the best finishes of the season. I'll agree that aside from Path Valley that Port Royal is the best SLM racing in the Mid Atlantic.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

All kinds of rumors about Selinsgrove....from they are adding sorely needed clay, they are relocating the pits from the infield, they are even considering reconfiguring the track and making it smaller. I believe they now have promoters in place with the capital to complete such tasks.The new regime got through their first year in 2016. The question is....will they do any of these things?. You could have said the exact same things about Port Royal 5 or 6 years ago until they made various improvements to THE SPEED PALACE.

I Guess I have never though of it But Living right in the Middle of FarmerCity and Fairbury, macacn, danville, Lot of LMs Big shows...Turn left not too far to knoxville.. Turn right not to far from Big E....I am Kind of Lucky....1/2 to 2 hours I can go see Both a lot of times..... Now when you say Sprints and Big Mods You people get to Live it up...

Don't need any sanction.. Just put up a $10,000 to $15,000 to win race and they wont have enough parking for the haulers..

"Don't need any sanction.. Just put up a $10,000 to $15,000 to win race and they wont have enough parking for the haulers.."

Has any Central Pa track ever hosted a DLM race that paid more than $4 or $5,000 to win???? I know there would be interest from the late model teams, and I am pretty sure there are enough DLM fans to support such a big race. Most fans usually stay for the late model features at both Port Royal and Selinsgrove even though both are considered sprint car tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    "Don't need any sanction.. Just put up a $10,000 to $15,000 to win race and they wont have enough parking for the haulers.."Has any Central Pa track ever hosted a DLM race that paid more than $4 or $5,000 to win???? I know there would be interest from the late model teams, and I am pretty sure there are enough DLM fans to support such a big race. Most fans usually stay for the late model features at both Port Royal and Selinsgrove even though both are considered sprint car tracks.
    That's because it's the best racing weekly.

If any track would do it I think it would be Port Royal.. They are strong supporters of late models and see the racing is a lot better than it has been in the past.. Like I said before.. You don't need a sanctioning body to come in there and do a race.. Port Royal has the people in place to do it themselves.. Put that sanction money in the purse.. Pay $10 to win.. 5k for 2nd.. 3k for 3rd and at least $500 to take the green... And do it on a weekend there is no Outlaw or Lucas race or most importantly no special late model shows within 200 miles of Port Royal and watch the haulers and fans roll in.. Do even need 410 sprint cars there cause you wont have room to park in the pits anyway.. Run the econo class and make it Susky/Winchester/Hagerstown/Bedford rules, not those retarded econo late rules they have now paying $2500 to win and I bet they have 30 of them show up if not even more..

Always loved heading north out of Harrisburg and coming around that last highway curve and seeing Port Royal just off the road on the left... hope to visit there next spring on my way back for visiting the USS Wisconsin in Norfolk...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Lucas @ Port Royal just might happen. They've been tryin 2 get a date and rumor has it that they're on the schedule for late April....

Quote Originally Posted by 06Tireman View Post
    If any track would do it I think it would be Port Royal.. They are strong supporters of late models and see the racing is a lot better than it has been in the past.. Like I said before.. You don't need a sanctioning body to come in there and do a race.. Port Royal has the people in place to do it themselves.. Put that sanction money in the purse.. Pay $10 to win.. 5k for 2nd.. 3k for 3rd and at least $500 to take the green... And do it on a weekend there is no Outlaw or Lucas race or most importantly no special late model shows within 200 miles of Port Royal and watch the haulers and fans roll in.. Do even need 410 sprint cars there cause you wont have room to park in the pits anyway.. Run the econo class and make it Susky/Winchester/Hagerstown/Bedford rules, not those retarded econo late rules they have now paying $2500 to win and I bet they have 30 of them show up if not even more..
    06Tireman - You need the 410's to run the cushion up to the wall. It will create the best racing one could hope for. If you dont run the 410's, too many marbles will exist and ruin it for the Super Late Models. Port Royal can handle all 410 fans and all Super Fans. It has the potential to be a superstar event and the track surface can handle it. If you dont run 410's, you will have rubber fear on the bottom. If you build it, they will come!

Quote Originally Posted by 1 mean green View Post
    Lucas @ Port Royal just might happen. They've been tryin 2 get a date and rumor has it that they're on the schedule for late April....
    I could see it. Sharon has Lucas in late April scheduled, and it's really not that far from Port Royal.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

A better deal, mileage wise, would be for Sharon to pair up with another Ohio track for one weekend of racing and Port Royal & Hagerstown pair up for a second weekend.

Has any Central Pa track ever hosted a DLM race that paid more than $4 or $5,000 to win???? I know there would be interest from the late model teams, and I am pretty sure there are enough DLM fans to support such a big race. Most fans usually stay for the late model features at both Port Royal and Selinsgrove even though both are considered sprint car tracks.
    Selinsgrove used to have the Paul Long Memorial that paid $10,000 to win. Always drew a decent field of cars, but I can understand why a track would go with a sanctioned race. Each series guarantees at least 12 cars and the fans in this area just seem to flock to a WoO or Lucas show even if they know the racing is going to be subpar just because they want to see he big names.

How big is this track? Still imo e 3/8 mile make for the best racing

"Would make sense for them to go WoO since the two day Lernerville show flopped this year to run Lernerville $10k on Fri, Port Royal $10k on Sat and $8k at Selinsgrove on Sunday. Kind of like the Mid Atlantic Swing, would probably draw some great"

Couldn't agree more on all your points. Think it would be a good thing for the Mid-Atlantic Late Model scene.
    Oh my Lernerville flopped this year and the loyal locals kept it all hushed up. hahahahhahahahaaaa

Port Royal is a half mile. Very wide and racey.