Thread: Tire Machine

Default Tire Machine

I've been working on building a tire machine and I have the base all done but I have hit a snag in the project with the motor. I had a 1/4 horse electric motor that I was going to gear down using a bunch of sets of bike gears but that's proven to be way too much work. For those of you who have built your own tire machines; what motors/ transmissions did you use to make them? I've heard people use cement mixer motors but I don't own one and it seems like a waste to throw the rest of it away

That is the problem everybody has ,finding a cheap low speed motor.I found one on ebay ,worked for a month then stripped.I have 12 volt electric jack on my trailer, this winter I'm going to take it apart and see it will work.

looking at my Liftmaster garage door opener when I installed it, got my mind to wandering. Its an 8500 series torsion bar opener.
    goes both directions.
    moves slow
    1hp. motor

If I hadn't bought the All-star Performance motor and gearbox, I would have pursued it.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

You can buy gear reduction boxes for typical 120V electric motors for less than $100.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Do you know a good website to find a gear reduction box on? I checked on ebay before I posted this like RCJ said but having it strip out is a possibility when buying on ebay.

all star sells the motor its the same one cpd and most everyone uses

I buy my motors for my rotisserie from Graingers. They sell many different models depending on your application.

They are usually around $100.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!