Default A40S tire sealing up on yellow

back in mods since July after 15 year lay off. was reading here about the A40S tire problem last spring but we haven't had a problem at all until last Saturday night. On wet track the tires will last several weeks and on dry slick track wear is very quick and tire feathers off but have had no problem with it not wanting to get forward or side bite after yellow flag conditions. But this week the track was dry slick during warmups so the track watered the surface of the track to keep dust down but not enough to give us mud to race on. With that extra moisture on top of track the tires were chunking out where the feathering normally has been taking place on edge of all treads. Running in 3rd place right with leaders for first five laps of feature until yellow came out on lap 5. On restart tires seemed to be sealed over and lost forward and side bite. What is proper procedure during yellow flag conditions to keep the A40S tires from sealing up on us?????

Quote Originally Posted by daytonagary View Post
    back in mods since July after 15 year lay off. was reading here about the A40S tire problem last spring but we haven't had a problem at all until last Saturday night. On wet track the tires will last several weeks and on dry slick track wear is very quick and tire feathers off but have had no problem with it not wanting to get forward or side bite after yellow flag conditions. But this week the track was dry slick during warmups so the track watered the surface of the track to keep dust down but not enough to give us mud to race on. With that extra moisture on top of track the tires were chunking out where the feathering normally has been taking place on edge of all treads. Running in 3rd place right with leaders for first five laps of feature until yellow came out on lap 5. On restart tires seemed to be sealed over and lost forward and side bite. What is proper procedure during yellow flag conditions to keep the A40S tires from sealing up on us?????
    Personally, I don't or will try not to spin or scuff tires on a black track, I don't feel like an a40s is hard enough to seal over but I think if you spin tires on black you can heat it and rr up and glaze them over. I try to cool LR run through edge of infield or just roll, and if I need to buzz rr (H) I will get both back tires in fluff or cushion to spin them

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Cust Susp View Post
    Personally, I don't or will try not to spin or scuff tires on a black track, I don't feel like an a40s is hard enough to seal over but I think if you spin tires on black you can heat it and rr up and glaze them over. I try to cool LR run through edge of infield or just roll, and if I need to buzz rr (H) I will get both back tires in fluff or cushion to spin them
    the other 3 cars running with us were buzzing there tires and swerving back and forth coming off of turn 2 each yellow flag lap and had no problem at drop of green. My driver ran slow up in the smooth dirt out of the blackened area to cool the tires down and we had a problem the remainder of the race.

Default tires

Quote Originally Posted by daytonagary View Post
    the other 3 cars running with us were buzzing there tires and swerving back and forth coming off of turn 2 each yellow flag lap and had no problem at drop of green. My driver ran slow up in the smooth dirt out of the blackened area to cool the tires down and we had a problem the remainder of the race.

where they on H's or an A40S on RR?
    I personally will never run an A40s on the RR again.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    A40S all 4 wheels. Everyone does here at Volusia speedway florda. never a problem before. Asked tire store at track and he said he hasn't sold an H all year. only keeps one of them in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    I agree completely with this, will never run a 40s on rr again

its a shame they can't run h 40 on all 4 corners

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    its a shame they can't run h 40 on all 4 corners
    AGREE, hard tires make much better racing for spectators and less expense for competitors. And get rid of the long 56 inch roofs too. Don't need all that downforce for good racing. With the A40S and large roof making hundreds of pounds of downforce at 120 mph on half mile track, the one with the most horsepower ( he who spends the most money on his engine) usually wins.

or bigger the equipment if you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    or bigger the equipment if you know what I mean
    sure, I know what you mean, that is why i have drivers in the car now. At 67 years of age my equipment has shrunk. Won 11 out of 21 races driving at Volusia one year. Don't even care to drive in practice anymore. Didn't think that day would ever come but it has. A couple hard hits resulting in concussions kinda hurried that process along too.

how do you get a H to fire and stay fired at the start of the race and after cautions? without cheating them up?