Thread: Gregg Satterlee

Default Gregg Satterlee

How do you think "The Truth" would fare if he raced full time on on a National Tour? He seems to have top notch equipment and did win a LOLMS race at Hagerstown this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    How do you think "The Truth" would fare if he raced full time on on a National Tour? He seems to have top notch equipment and did win a LOLMS race at Hagerstown this year.
    I think he could run top 8 in Lucas and top 4 or 5 in Woo.

You know you are going to have a ton of replies about him being a cheater now, right? Or is that what you were going for? Regardless my opinion is above.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo2007 View Post
    I think he could run top 8 in Lucas and top 4 or 5 in Woo.

You know you are going to have a ton of replies about him being a cheater now, right? Or is that what you were going for? Regardless my opinion is above.
    I think you nailed it. Top 10 Lucas, probably top 5 on WoO tour. The only reason I say top ten on lucas is because you have guys like Jimmy Owens, Don O'Neal, EPJ, near that 10 position.

"You know you are going to have a ton of replies about him being a cheater now, right? Or is that what you were going for?"

No I really respect him as a driver and think he is talented. The south has a bunch of good regional racers, i.e. Marlar, Madden, Ferguson, etc. but he is probably the best regional racer from the Mid-Atlantic region which is my neck of the woods.
    Last edited by BTExpress; 09-26-2016 at 02:05 PM.

"You know you are going to have a ton of replies about him being a cheater now, right? Or is that what you were going for?"

No I really respect him as a driver and think he is talented. The south has a bunch of good regional racers, i.e. Marlar, Madden, Ferguson, etc. but he is probably the best regional racer from the Mid-Atlantic region which is my neck of the woods.
    I respect that and those are my thoughts as well. I am from the same neck of the woods. My opinion only but if Jason Covert traveled he would be even more of a force to reckon with than Satterlee.

That is the problem, it seems like the South and the Midwest have an abundance of really good "Regional Racers". Other then Satterlee, Covert and maybe a Mason Zeigler, who else, from the Mid-Atlantic region, travels on a regular basis?. Austin Hubbard & Ricky Elliott used to travel quite a bit, but not too much anymore. Would like to see maybe a Dale Hollidge or Colby Frye venture off the porch a little.

I think you have to put Jared Miley in that conversation also.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    I think you nailed it. Top 10 Lucas, probably top 5 on WoO tour. The only reason I say top ten on lucas is because you have guys like Jimmy Owens, Don O'Neal, EPJ, near that 10 position.
    I would have to agree on that^^^
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

That is the problem, it seems like the South and the Midwest have an abundance of really good "Regional Racers". Other then Satterlee, Covert and maybe a Mason Zeigler, who else, from the Mid-Atlantic region, travels on a regular basis?. Austin Hubbard & Ricky Elliott used to travel quite a bit, but not too much anymore. Would like to see maybe a Dale Hollidge or Colby Frye venture off the porch a little.
    I would like to see Hollidge and Elliot come a little further south .......I get to see Hubbard a little when he is in the Autry car around the Carolina's.

Hollidge at a place like Dublin or county line would be cool to see.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Shocked me to see Saterlee and Covert show up at Voluteer back in April or May. Both ran in the top ten both nights
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Down south there isn't a lot of good paying races so most guys have to travel to race for some decent dough. In the Mid-Atlantic area there seems to be a 4k show somewhere every week. Why travel if you don't have too. Its not that they're afraid to they just don't need to. Why does everyone think you aren't something if you don't travel with a national series. Some of the back half of the WoO couldn't tie Satterlee or Covert's shoes.

exactly manwplan

What about max Blair or his dad Robby? Or they considered NE region?

Quote Originally Posted by JBweld17 View Post
    I think you have to put Jared Miley in that conversation also.
    Miley would definitely qualify, but he is right in between the Ohio Valley and Mid Atlantic, I would say he runs more races with the Ohio Valley guys than he does with the Mid Atlantic guys like Covert and Satterlee. But I don't follow him too closely so I could be wrong. Either way he is an excellent driver.

Zeigler has looked terrible this year, when he's traveled at least. It was hard to watch him at Knoxville, almost looked like someone completely different in the seat. Maybe he's been having equipment issues but he needs to stay on the porch for a while. Satterlee is a bit inconsistent but could win 2-3 races and be top 4 on the WoO tour.

Speaking of Zeigler........there are rumors that he is switching from a Longhorn chassis to a PIERCE CHASSIS for 2017....not too many of those, if any, in the Mid-Atlantic area.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    What about max Blair or his dad Robby? Or they considered NE region?
    Max should be in the conversation for sure, but Rob isn't running a whole lot anymore. He's more or less an Eriez local now with appearances occasionally at Stateline.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    Zeigler has looked terrible this year, when he's traveled at least. It was hard to watch him at Knoxville, almost looked like someone completely different in the seat. Maybe he's been having equipment issues but he needs to stay on the porch for a while. Satterlee is a bit inconsistent but could win 2-3 races and be top 4 on the WoO tour.
    From what I've seen this year, Mason typically runs better in the 43a than he does in his own stuff.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

"From what I've seen this year, Mason typically runs better in the 43a than he does in his own stuff."

Josh, isn't the 43A the team Covert used to race for. I know the team only runs specials with Zeigler. I believe it is a Rocket chassis while Zeigler's own team runs a Longhorn.

The 43a car is a xr1. I think Zeigler messed up when he let Austin leave to go help Davey J. It's hard to find good help, like as Austin is.

Gregg would do well on the outlaw deal, better than he would lucas imo. It seems like they have quite a few races in his area every year compared to lucas.