Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Curfews

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    There is lots to do all through the Carolina's from the mountain to the coast and everywhere in between.......zero shortage of DLM racing if you don't mind a bit of a drive . And dude, you live in St. Louis .......not like you are in a good position to be giving advice on where somebody else should live. Just sayin
    really I have 7 tracks within 1 hour and a half 4 within 45 minutes not including gateway and wasn't there some kinda unrest in charlotte lately
    Last edited by old fan; 09-27-2016 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Yes wythe speedway support classes are good racing along w some WWE entertainment! Great facility!
    Volunteer used to be like that back in the 90s. About guaranteed at least one every race night. The good old days...lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If they ever pay 6 big ones for a 4 cylinder (we yankees call em "Hornets") race up this way I'll tell ya what. I'll be there. These guys go nuts for a few hundred around here. You put up $6000.00 to win and Katie bar the door!
    I see guys fight for 200 weekly in these things. I'd hate to see what would happen if a guy got spun for that kind of money around here.

Merritt Speedway here in MI a couple weeks ago had $1500 to win 4 bangers. 100 laps, broken down into 3 segments. 26 cars. The last segment, which was 20 laps I believe they threw them a curve and turned them around and raced clockwise around the track.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    Except when Josh Owen goes crazy?
    Anybody else watch this video? Co-worker just showed me the video, Jesus. Should be in jail, never race again, and driving on the road, I dunno.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    What is "starting on time'"? What time should they start? In the afternoon?
    Advertised time. You advertise hotlaps at 6:30 and racing at 7:00, you better hit those times, not hotlap at 7:30 and race at 8:15 (seen it plenty) and then wonder why fans are leaving before the feature and not returning the next week....

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    really I have 7 tracks within 1 hour and a half 4 within 45 minutes not including gateway and wasn't there some kinda unrest in charlotte lately
    Maybe so......but you have to live in the armpit of the Midwest to do it.

And yes, the " smart people" of Charlotte followed the lead of the " smart people " of Ferguson......your hometown, no?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    Advertised time. You advertise hotlaps at 6:30 and racing at 7:00, you better hit those times, not hotlap at 7:30 and race at 8:15 (seen it plenty) and then wonder why fans are leaving before the feature and not returning the next week....
    I think it is easy to fix. Tell the drivers in the driver's meeting that when a class is called, you have 5 minutes to be lined up. Start a clock. Any driver not in the line when the clock reaches 0 is not allowed to race and they do NOT get their entry fee back. Makes no difference if the car "is on the way". After a time or two, you'd be surprised how quickly a promoter can train these entrants. Problems arise when the promoter doesn't stick to his guns.

Well if everybody would do like smokey mountain they run a big race an 2 other classes or tri state speedway in Indiana they never run more than 3 classes sometimes they only run 2 if it is a big race in each class we wouldn't have this problem but I guess they will keep running all night an going out of business.If you want to sell hamburgers by a restaurant if you want to race lets race.

Don't know if RaceMonitor or My Laps has to follow California curfews but they both disappeared at Chico about 11 last night before the A main for the 360 Sprint cars Fall Nationals. Hmmm??

Y'all ever go to Duck River or Thunderhill you'd wish like hell they had a curfew. Breakfast is being served at most locations after the final checkered flag is waved

to make the show run smoother have all teams pit outside if possible when a class is called all racers need to be at the gate for certain race get closes race starts no waiting on anyone

Your right about that one man gang I've give up on duck river they always run late I have health problems I can't sit here 7 or 8 hours you see what it did to duck river back in the summer they went almost 2,months and run 1 race I haven't been to thunderhill since it reopened but I heard it wasn't any better. Both tracks have the pits outside

The last track I promoted in 2013 had a 7 pm start and a 10pm curfew..
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019