Thread: 604 fuel pump

Default 604 fuel pump

Im going to 604 this year and need to buy everything as I have nothing for big motors. Im hearing mechanical pumps are a no go for alky and a 604. Truth or snake oil?

we have used "mechanical" pumps on alky in these engines BUT
    given the choice a belt drive system will perform much better

the aeromotive double adjustable pressure regulator will be your best investment no matter what pump you decide on

JMO

Brad
    www.race-1.com

You want 2-3 psi at idle and 8-9 wide open with alcohol. Belt drive pumps will do this. Mechanical pumps will not without the right bypass. Usually the reason people use mechanical pumps is because they think it's cheaper but when you end up fighting with fuel pushing past the needles and seats and then upgrade to the belt drive to stop all the problems it is more expensive. I'd recommend buying the right pump the first time. JMO.
    Last edited by 50j; 09-27-2016 at 09:24 PM.

go with E-85 and you have the best of both worlds. low cost, extra horsepower and runs cooler. 5 gallon of fuel cost me only $8.45 plus I put 1/2 oz top oil in per gallon. Standard gas fuel pump on block works fine.

Which Belt Drive system do yall recommend

KSE is probably the simplest and they have upgraded their pumps in recent years----I still don't like their pill style fuel regulator but its easy enough to strip that out and use a conventional regulator

we have worked with several other brands also and they all have been successful and dependable

Brad
    www.race-1.com

Daytonagary is right. Very little power difference between alky and E85. Less hassle running E85 more rear percentage at the end of the feature