Thread: losing drive

Default losing drive

I just wanted to get everyones opinion. were runnin a stop and go high banked 3/8 mile sandy red clay track. My cars been good the last few weeks, i feel like i could gain a little more tho. the car drives in great, rotates the center great but when i start to straighten and run toward the wall its like the car gets up on the LR and its almost like it tops out on that corner and makes the car feel loose when it does this. its a BWRC with the underslung LR

Is the axle tube hitting the undersling?

It's supposed to. I had a bwrc. They don't run a chain. You run a pad on the underling. Does the lr have any preload in the spring at full drop? Could be 5th coil shock bottoming out

yea it has a good bit of preload on LR. I'll check out my travel indicator on the 5th this evening, thanks

Also check the angle of the top Rod on the lr. If it's exceeding 45* at full droop it can cause the car to lose forward drive as well I believe.

i always did that with the mods but it seems the lm always keep more angle than that. but youre right thats what ive always heard

That's likely the result of excessive rear steer, how you remove it varies, If your car bars up violently you need less angle in the LR bar/s and/or more rebound in you lr shock/s. Does your car stay up on the bars thru the corner?

yea it keeps attitude in the car all the way around the track pretty much. My rf had the rebound closed off at the beginning of the year, ive since opened it about halfway 8 out of 15 clicks

Just for your own knowledge measure your rear steer at race attitude as it sits then change bar angles get it back to attitude and measure rear steer. Figure out if it over yawed or wheel spin then you can narrow down the area you need to work in. The bar angles can help loading either take away RR or add LR and if its yawed out too much you can play with bar lengths to find a combo that suits you

Its not uncommon to raise left top bar and roll back lr 1-2 turns at a time. You'll definitely have to keep the car up on the bars though.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!