FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 28, 2016

Jason Hughes Claims Third USMTS National Championship

Westville, Oklahoma (09/28/16) – For the second-straight year and for the third time in his career, Jason Hughes claimed the United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) championship.

The feat was far from easy for the pilot of the #12 West Siloam Pawn/ Hughes Chassis/ Mullins Racing Engine Modified as the battle literally went down to the final lap of the final event.

Closing out The Hunt for the United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) Casey’s Cup powered by S&S Fishing & Rental, Jason Hughes traveled to Deer Creek Speedway (Spring Valley, Minnesota) on Thursday night for the 18th Annual Featherlite Fall Jamboree. Drawing a stacked field of 79 Modifieds, Hughes started the night off with a heat race win sending him into the redraw.

Receiving the 2nd-starting spot for the main event, Jason needed to finish 2nd or better to guarantee his 3rd-career USMTS National Championship. Jumping into the lead early in the event, Jason slipped backed to the 3rd position during the middle stages of the race, while championship challenger, Cade Dillard continued to make his way to the front. Holding off a charging Chris Brown late in the race, Jason Hughes scored a runner-up finish behind Cade Dillard with Brown, R.C. Whitwell, and Zack VanderBeek rounding out the Top 5.

Hughes was crowned the USMTS title after edging Cade Dillard by 3 points.
“I was just paying attention a lap at a time, trying to drive as hard as I could,” said Hughes. “It’s been a lot of fun racing with them guys all year long. They work their tails off too, and we’ve been running up and down the road together and parking beside each other. It’s been fun.

“When he [Cade Dillard] got up there and led all them laps I knew we had to run second. I was thankful for that caution and we held on there.” Hughes concluded by saying, “I just want to thank my team, my sponsors, my fans, and everyone that supports my racing program.

Returning on Friday for the second round of the Fall Jamboree, Hughes advanced nine spots in his heat posting a 3rd-place finish. Starting in 5th for the 42-lap A-Main, Jason jumped up one position scoring a 4th-place finish behind Lucas Schott, Cade Dillard, and Brandon Davis with Chris Brown coming in 5th.

For the final night of the 18th Annual Featherlite Fall Jamboree, Hughes logged a 10th-place outing in his heat sending him into the B-Main. Failing to start his consolation event, Jason relied on a provisional to make the $10,000-to-win finale. Coming from the 31st-starting position, Jason Hughes wheeled his way through the field 23 positions, notching an 8th-place finish in the 42-lapper.

Complete results and the latest standings can be found at www.USMTS.com .

This week Hughes will make the trip to Lakeside Speedway (Kansas City, Kansas) to compete in two nights of USMTS action. On Thursday night the program will be headlined by twin $1,500-to-win features. Friday night will play host to the rescheduled Grant Junghans Memorial, which will boast a total payout of more than $100,000 for the $10,002-to-win event. For more information on the event, please visit www.USMTS.com .

Jason Hughes would like to thank his sponsors including Cates Recycling, Pig-N-Out, Murphrey Oil Company Inc., Red Tail Tackle, AFCO Brakes, West Siloam Pawn, Murphrey Oil Company, Gressel Racing, Hughes Racing Chassis, Mullins Race Engines, D and G Directional Drilling, 45 Pipeline Services, JRI Shocks, Hanson Tire Service, Braka Operating, Sunoco Race Fuels, Mert's Truck Center, SAEF Custom Finishing, Wheeler Metals Rainbow Graphics, Hooker Harness, Quarter Master, Beyea Custom Headers, Ultra-Shield Race Products, MB Machine & Tool, T&D Machine Products, Callies, Quick Car Racing Products, Dan Olson Racing Products, FSR Radiators & Racing Products, Tiger Rear Ends, Driven Racing Oil, Sweet Mfg, Real Racing Wheels, Rod End Supply, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Jason Hughes, please visit www.JasonHughes12.com .