Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pennsboro

Quote Originally Posted by non driving fool View Post
    With Frank Wilson being involved and all the crap he's stirred with Carl does anyone think Carl is going to be much help?
    Its Frank Wilson Jr not Frank Wilson Sr.

Just to let everyone know the speedway group plans to continue with work on the track and grounds as soon as the weather permits. Major fund raising event for 2018 being planned. WV racing Heritage Festival of 2017 should be a good one. Free admission, free camping. Will be in Honor of first Hillbilly 100 and all other Hillbillys. Steve Armontrout has contacted many drivers over the winter months and he has 50 or more drivers who want to attend. Lots of information will be coming later. Should be a very good year for progress for the speedway. Please hang in there, these folks are working hard to make this happen.

JMO. Carl short could care less about pennsboro. For him it's about what's in it for me, for free. I wish these guys well but we will see if the Old girl can come back.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    looks to me like it would benefit from a bit of a widening. especially turn 3/4
    Have you ever seen a race there? Lots of tradition, yes. I only ever saw one memorable feature race there and that was 96' after torrential rains. Other than that it was a 1 groove dusty endeavor. Sure the lore of the first one sounds magical, with a last to first win, but that was kinda the exception, not the rule. Most touring guys hated going there because it was so hard to get to with a rig and some other reasons. Best of luck.

The grandfather of freight train racing.