Default cavalier weight distribution

Hello all I have a 04 cavalier 2.2 5speed I have been playing with weight and was looking for some input on what percentage of weight would be ideal. I had it at 70/30 front/rear but the car was way to loose when entering the turn and wanted to come around on the turn therefore causing me to scrub a lot of speed. Have any of you played with weight? if so what worked for you guys? Thanks in advance

is your front diff welded ?

Yes I have a lsd

try keeping the weight on the left,right in front of or even with the left rear,dont weight behind the rear end

Default handling

Sound like theres to much cross weight LF to RR Start reversing cross weight till it doesn't want to come around on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by will34 View Post
    Hello all I have a 04 cavalier 2.2 5speed I have been playing with weight and was looking for some input on what percentage of weight would be ideal. I had it at 70/30 front/rear but the car was way to loose when entering the turn and wanted to come around on the turn therefore causing me to scrub a lot of speed. Have any of you played with weight? if so what worked for you guys? Thanks in advance

the rear is just the same as a trailer behind a truck, its just being drug around

if you let off the gas to fast or too much the front tires are BRAKING while the rear are just trying to pass you buy just like a trailer would behind a truck on a curve if the truck slammed on the brakes

you don't need to add weight to the rear to stop that

if your turning your front wheels too sharp that also is like braking

Do you have power steering?