Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tony Stewart

Yes they did and this greedy family gets nothing. Stewart has suffered enough. So those hoping he dies, goes broke and gets thrown in jail are going to be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Yes they did and this greedy family gets nothing. Stewart has suffered enough. So those hoping he dies, goes broke and gets thrown in jail are going to be disappointed
    Wow, you would have thought TS was the one that got ran over and the family robbed his bank the same night!!!
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 10-05-2016 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang D. Cushion View Post
    Who is the driver that made that comment? Can't believe anyone would be much good in a sprint car their first time in one. I don't believe anyone can win in both sprints and late models in this era... competition too stiff on both sides. Donny Schatz's wins up in bumfock ND racing against 6 guys and a goat don't count either.
    Never said the driver I speak of was much good in a sprint car. He merely said that full on 410 sprinters are more of a handful to drive than his late model. And this guy was pretty good in a late model.

Guys like Kyle Larson, Christopher Bell and even probably Rico Abreu could win in both types of cars if they drove competitive equipment. No one driving a late model at this point in time could outdrive or out brave any one of those 3 guys, that's for sure.

It's a bit unclear what the comment concerning Donny Schatz is intended to mean but he's won 7 WoO championships and 9 Knoxville Nationals. Those 9 Knoxville Nationals titles weren't in bumfok, ND and they weren't against farm animals. They were won at the biggest, highest paying and most prestigious dirt track show of the year. Period.

Didn't Wayne Chinn originally start out in sprint cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Wow, you have thought TS was the one that got ran over and the family robbed his bank the same night!!!
    If it was any other driver, You would be agreeing with my statement. Take the hate blinders off. I don't care how much posters want to trash Stewart, but accusing him of murdering another driver whose foolish act caused his own demise is blind stupidity. I am now done with this thread. Say what ever makes you feel better.

OLD FAN Jack Hewitt did in fact win in both some very good sprint cars and late models at ELDORA. so u gonna have to eat some crow on that.

I love the smear campaign the haters put on. You'd think they were both stopped on the track had a few words under the spotlights so tony jumped in his car fired it up did you turn then ran him down a poor innocent child in his roadworkers reflective safty vest....

Never mind he was a 20 year old drug addict in all black suit approaching a moving vehicle in a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ally lit section of the track...

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Never said the driver I speak of was much good in a sprint car. He merely said that full on 410 sprinters are more of a handful to drive than his late model. And this guy was pretty good in a late model.Guys like Kyle Larson, Christopher Bell and even probably Rico Abreu could win in both types of cars if they drove competitive equipment. No one driving a late model at this point in time could outdrive or out brave any one of those 3 guys, that's for sure.It's a bit unclear what the comment concerning Donny Schatz is intended to mean but he's won 7 WoO championships and 9 Knoxville Nationals. Those 9 Knoxville Nationals titles weren't in bumfok, ND and they weren't against farm animals. They were won at the biggest, highest paying and most prestigious dirt track show of the year. Period.
    Schatz can't buy a late model win and thats a fact , why haven't the three amigos tried kicking the late model guys butt hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    OLD FAN Jack Hewitt did in fact win in both some very good sprint cars and late models at ELDORA. so u gonna have to eat some crow on that.
    prove it he won in a modified yes and article said late model lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkzcSrOAsIA
    Last edited by old fan; 10-07-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang D. Cushion View Post
    I'd still like to know the name of the FALS champion... Schatz comment was referring to when he won some late model shows in ND. None of the 3 names u mentioned could make much noise in late model world until they had a full season under their belt. I agree those 3 can wheel a car but the classes are too different to be competitive in both at the same time. Tony has the only real shot at it and that's just based of reps in both types of cars.
    I wouldn't take issue with the full season statement. Jack Hewitt said in his book (there was a whole chapter dedicated to dirt late models) that there was more expertise needed in regards to chassis set up. The sprinters take a bit more bravery and car control. The 3 drivers I mentioned would more than hold their own against the best in dirt late model racing. When you have driven and won in as many different style of racecars as those guys have you obviously can successfully adapt, and usually pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    Schatz can't buy a late model win and thats a fact , why haven't the three amigos tried kicking the late model guys butt hmmm
    The reason the 3 guys mentioned never bothered with late models is probably because there was no particular benefit from it in reference to moving up the racing ladder. The cars they raced and won while driving will get you noticed by the right people that could put them in position to be rich and famous. Late models, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    prove it he won in a modified yes and article said late model lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkzcSrOAsIA
    Jack won some significant races driving a late model. His driving records are contained in his biography. Pick your face up off the sidewalk and get the book. It's all there.

Cars have changed a ton since Hewitt drove them, and Jack is one man I look up too. Haven't you heard what old man Moyer says about how easy these are to drive nowadays? They arent. You drive a sprint with your right foot, and not as much the front wheels, that came from a friend that drove a sprint. A late model you need to know to utilize both. That's why we don't see young men jump in a late model and whip everyone like you do in sprints, hey got the sack to mash the pedal, but don't do as good once the track slicks off. Even Schatz has said driving a late model helped his corner exit in the sprint. Wonder why?

Just because no one from late models hasn't made to nascar, doesn't mean they don't have talent to be there. Those 3 guys you mentioned wouldnt fair as well as you think they would I don't think.

I'm not saying either is easier than the other. I just don't agree with you saying those guys would do well in late models. When one of the best sprint drivers on the face of the earth struggles against the best with equal equipment.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 10-07-2016 at 08:38 AM.

I would think That I am a no Fear Guy ... I have driven Both.. And a funny car.. the only one that that put the fear of god in me was the Sprint...Late model fun too drive, Funny car Lots of power for 8 sec you have keep you mind clear, Sprint car Man way to much horse power for a small car... Got too drive a McLaren Le Mans too 200 MPH That Scared me as much as a Sprint...To drive that McLaren Le Mans was a Thrill of a life time... I think what scared me was If i crashed it was a 3 million $ car...OOO and that was on the street that I did 200 MPH...On 74 from Danville to Champaign In 7 min...Thats Moving... LOL
    Add
    It was a MP4 or a GT3 car (getting Old and can not remember) Did a lot of restore work to it so the owner let me drive it...A Le mans winning car and had Air Con add to the car .. the car was a 3 Mill $ car and when we got done with it it was a 2 mill $ car... Add Air Con and Mess up the car....
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 10-07-2016 at 09:23 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Cars have changed a ton since Hewitt drove them, and Jack is one man I look up too. Haven't you heard what old man Moyer says about how easy these are to drive nowadays? They arent.
    Hmmm, from a driver standpoint I'd be interested in knowing just what it is that makes it so much more difficult to drive a late model today than it did in 2000 or 2001 when Jack was still driving them occasionally.

I take it Moyer doesn't know what he's talking about and you do. I get the picture now.

Just because no one from late models hasn't made to nascar, doesn't mean they don't have talent to be there. Those 3 guys you mentioned wouldnt fair as well as you think they would I don't think.
    Oh, so let me get this straight, the dirt late model division is packed with highly talented drivers that could easily go to NASCAR and make millions of dollars but they don't because why? I'd sure be interested in knowing.

I'm not saying either is easier than the other. I just don't agree with you saying those guys would do well in late models.
    Kyle Larson for example won the very first race driving a stock car. Now I'd say that's some quick adaptation. I personally have watched him win races in 5 different types of cars: midgets, winged and wingless 410 sprint cars, winged 360 sprint cars and of course USAC Silver Crown cars. That's not to mention he has won in all three touring divisions of NASCAR and also won driving a Daytona Prototype sports car on a road course in the second biggest sports car race in the world. And, he adapted very well to a NASCAR truck on dirt as we've seen at Eldora in July the past few years.

Are we to believe that it would be impossible for Larson to adapt to being competitive driving a modern day dirt late model on a 1/4 or 3/8's mile bull ring with a reasonable amount of experience? Hmmmm. It's a bit of a mystery as to what would be the stumbling block.

The other two guys' resume isn't quite as spectacular but it's a safe bet they'd figure it out, too.

Looks like Tyler Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) is progressing nicely!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Hmmm, from a driver standpoint I'd be interested in knowing just what it is that makes it so much more difficult to drive a late model today than it did in 2000 or 2001 when Jack was still driving them occasionally.

I take it Moyer doesn't know what he's talking about and you do. I get the picture now.
    For one, Billy is the one that said they are getting harder to drive, not me. I don't know where you came up with this me saying that? So maybe you should go Billy what he meant when he made that comment. It's obvious your love for Larson is about as strong than Centeroff's love for Bloomquist, it's almost scary.

For one, Billy is the one that said they are getting harder to drive, not me. I don't know where you came up with this me saying that?
    Fair enough. Misread your post. I retract the part about Moyer. I would only add that at Moyer's age it no doubt is getting a bit harder to drive the cars. That might explain that.
    It's obvious your love for Larson is about as strong than Centeroff's love for Bloomquist, it's almost scary.
    Love for Larson? I hardly know the kid. Met him 3, maybe 4 times. Hardly a basis for love.

What I did love was watching him win in 3 different types cars in one night at Eldora. Win going away at The Du Quoin Mile in a Silver Crown car and win a 100 lapper at Perris in the Turkey Night Grand Prix when several other challengers to his lead either wrecked or blew a right rear. What's not to love about those dirt track accomplishments?

All that lead to where he's at now, which is winning races and making obscene amounts of money in the top divisions of NASCAR. I no longer enjoy NASCAR, but I certainly enjoy watching former dirt drivers do well there.

If that kinda' stuff is almost scary then you're very easily frightened. Spiders must cause you to go catatonic! LOL!!

Fair enough. Misread your post. I retract the part about Moyer. I would only add that at Moyer's age it no doubt is getting a bit harder to drive the cars. That might explain that.Love for Larson? I hardly know the kid. Met him 3, maybe 4 times. Hardly a basis for love.

What I did love was watching him win in 3 different types cars in one night at Eldora. Win going away at The Du Quoin Mile in a Silver Crown car and win a 100 lapper at Perris in the Turkey Night Grand Prix when several other challengers to his lead either wrecked or blew a right rear. What's not to love about those dirt track accomplishments?

All that lead to where he's at now, which is winning races and making obscene amounts of money in the top divisions of NASCAR. I no longer enjoy NASCAR, but I certainly enjoy watching former dirt drivers do well there.

If that kinda' stuff is almost scary then you're very easily frightened. Spiders must cause you to go catatonic! LOL!!
    CIRF ...If you had 3 eggs a Piece of ham on a plate .. Someone on here would say there is 4 eggs on it ....
    NASCAR I have see all of them this year, If they were not on free TV.. I would not have seen a 1 of them....I LOL how the people on the TV speak of the race.. And I dont see the same thing they see... There Color they do is so over board that it makes it Worse... then it all ready is.....
    NASCAR is a 30 min Cake thats been baked 45 min... Over done and to tough to eat....
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 10-08-2016 at 12:23 PM.