Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan gustin

Thumbs up Ryan gustin

http://racindirt.com/news/article.asp?NewsID=4751

Looks like he's gonna slide in with jason hughes if everything goes well .....

Nice, sounds like back to modified's for now, which he excels at. Hope he gets back in a late model before too long, I think he had a lot of potential there.

says a lot about Jason Hughes as well. these guys have been battling each other for several years on the USMTS tour. looking forward to see how this develops.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Agreed with both you guys aswell.

Correct Klem, they have been competitors. But Gressel has been seemingly loyal to the Hughes chassis while many past Hughes customers have moved on to one chassis or the other. The year Jason ran the Lucas LM series he seemed to fall behind in chassis sales and being competitive. He seems back on top of his game now, hopefully Ryan finds some success with Hughes as well as Gressel and Whitwell with their new combo. And someone needs to start courting Thornton Jr.

Hope it works out for him...did it ever come out why the split with his former team?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Jason isn't stupid, he knows how many cars Ryan has sold him in the last 6 years. When Ryan was dominating the USMTS series he had everybody leaving Skyrocket for Hughes, and with the success Sanders and Dillard have had in their MB Custom cars Hughes knows he needs to have someone else on the tour winning races to keep more people from leaving him.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    Correct Klem, they have been competitors. But Gressel has been seemingly loyal to the Hughes chassis while many past Hughes customers have moved on to one chassis or the other. The year Jason ran the Lucas LM series he seemed to fall behind in chassis sales and being competitive. He seems back on top of his game now, hopefully Ryan finds some success with Hughes as well as Gressel and Whitwell with their new combo. And someone needs to start courting Thornton Jr.
    I heard some rumblings of Ricky getting a shot at Moyers car after this year, I also took it he wasn't very happy with RC getting the Gressel ride either. I'm sure Ricky will get his shot at a good ride soon. Just hopefully he don't end up like Stormy Scott, he kinda got th shaft.

Isn't Ricky running one of the Moyer mods?

He's in a shaw to my knowledge as far as i know anyway?

Was in a Shaw last night at Lakeside.

He must've switched recently. Pics from earlier in the summer he was in a Moyer car, now he is in a Shaw.

Thornton and Moyer split up late June/early July. Thornton went back to Shaw cars for his IMCA stuff. He wheeled Scott Bintz's MB Customs mods for USMTS stuff for some northern USMTS shows. Looks like he's in his own Shaw car at Lakeside this weekend, he won one of the duel features last night in it.

Crazy to think Gustin just picked up $40,000 at Mississippi Thunder. What was the whole deal with the change?

So does this mean Gustin won't be taking over the Late Model world anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboy View Post
    So does this mean Gustin won't be taking over the Late Model world anytime soon?

I'm going to take your comment as sarcasm and leave it at that! Make no mistake about it though Ryan Gustin is a fukn wheelman in about anything he drives!! He can get the best out of everything!
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    I'm going to take your comment as sarcasm and leave it at that! Make no mistake about it though Ryan Gustin is a fukn wheelman in about anything he drives!! He can get the best out of everything!
    What he said!

Blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    without a ride kinda hard to take over the world and yes Ryan is a wheelman

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    without a ride kinda hard to take over the world and yes Ryan is a wheelman
    if? he is too difficult to work with? it mite make it harder like if he were old man lol immpossiblelalal

That whole Gustin clan is in 110% in dirt track racing... Gustin's Dad is someone I spoke with years ago while taking in the occasional Iowa race... salt of the earth working man from what I can tell.

Kinda funny Ryan speaks so slow it's hard to tell if he's high, low or just rode the short bus to school but the kid can drive! No disrespect meant with that comment... just the way i see it.

If you want to get a better look at a younger Gustin watch the old "Dirt Knights" show available on line on Carbon TV... great series.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019