Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Don Blankenship says he's a political prisoner

This guy is a real tool.

Blankenship’s 67-page manifesto claims that he is a political prisoner, targeted by the United States government and leading Democrats because he was an outspoken conservative who tried to change the political direction of West Virginia. “The government is guilty of conspiring to make up a law to imprison an innocent American,” Blankenship writes from jail. “I am an American Political Prisoner.”

http://wvmetronews.com/2016/10/07/bl...ips-manifesto/

I think to some degree anyone in america can make a solid argument that there in some way a "political prisoner" ???

Quote Originally Posted by george w View Post
    I think to some degree anyone in america can make a solid argument that there in some way a "political prisoner" ???
    Very true G-dub ^^^^^^^^^^ like the old saying this place is going to h€ll in a handbasket
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

I wonder if the family's of the dead miners think he's a political prisoner.

Quote Originally Posted by tsand View Post

Exactly! I do know for a fact that there was a pick up truck that was tricked out there in west Virginia commemorating those Miners that were killed that runs around all over the place because my wife and i seen it Last summer when we went to Florida to pick up my youngest daughter...
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

People need to get all the facts that they can on this matter before siding either way. At this point, as far I see it, and just stating my opinion. Mr. Blankenship does seem to be a victim of corrupt DC. They are trying to put coal out of business. Sad to say but this government is targeting political opposition and using it's agencies and departments to do it with. He is not alone by any means, and many businesses, big or small are being done the same way. Actually afraid to speak out because they fear to do so.

They probably get paid well to go along with the government and medias to a certain degree, you can bet the backlash is more agenda driven and created than actually real.

Fact is the media sides with the government and only tells one side of this story.

Coal is putting coal out of business. There is cheaper and cleaner alternatives. It's the natural progression of things. Coal has served it purpose and it's days are numbered.

Coal is putting coal out of business. There is cheaper and cleaner alternatives. It's the natural progression of things. Coal has served it purpose and it's days are numbered.
    Wrong, Progressive liberal Democrats have a goal of putting coal out of business. Using the EPA to put unreasonable expenses, regulations, and taxes on Power plants to make it almost impossible to stay in business.

You need to quit listening to our government and state run sources of false information.

Whats fair about the government also using our tax dollars to subsidize other types of energies that still require electricity from coal to operate? Yet cost much more.

10 reasons why coal is a good energy source:
    Cheapest source of energy. It is by far cheaper than nuclear, natural gas, oil. Hydro usually will be slightly cheaper. However, problems with hydro include: no new facilities because of public outcry when river valleys are dammed; and, peak demand time problems (rivers running dry in the dead of summer when peak air conditioning is needed and rivers are frozen in the dead of winter when peak heating is needed).

Coal also provides a stable source of energy (no Arab oil embargoes, no sudden scarcity like you experience with natural gas) and there is a very plentiful supply both in the U.S. and in other foreign countries.

Coal is nothing more than ancient wood which has been under pressure for millions of years. It is not sinister as you may have been led to believe.

Coal provides many jobs. Unlike other forms of energy (nuclear, natural gas, oil, hydroelectric), coal provides many jobs in removing coal from the earth, transporting it to the utility, burning it, and properly disposing of coal ash.

Coal is American made. We do not have to import this product into this country.

Coal can be mined and burned with little environmental impact. There has been tremendous strides in environmental responsibility with mining coal and burning coal. However, there still is pressure of global warming.(which is in reality may just be a fabricated lie) If we burn less fossil fuels, what, as a practical matter, is our energy alternative? Nuclear? Hydro? Solar (there is no practical way to provide the massive amounts of electricity needed to run our country through solar energy---it is viewed as impractical at this time)?

Coal mining reclamation can give the surface landowner many more options for developing his land. In the mountainous terrain, a mining process call mountaintop removal can create very valuable and useable level land for the surface owner. The surface owner not only gets his land developed, he usually is paid 50 cents a ton for the inconvenience of the use of his surface. Surface mining cannot occur without the specific consent of the surface owner. If the surface owner is lucky enough to own the coal rights, he's looking at another $2.00 a ton for royalty payments. In 1977 the federal Surface Mining Law was passed that required coal operators to reclaim the land in an equal, if not better, condition that existed prior to mining. We're doing an excellent job with our reclamation efforts. I would suggest that you go to http://www.osmre.gov/. This is the web site of the federal agency that oversees coal mining from an environmental standpoint.

The prudent us of coal will allow the U. S. the time needed to develop viable alternative energy sources---primarily solar technology and fuel from grain---without any negative impact on our national economy.

Coal provides 56% of the electricity used in the nation each day. It provides 95% of Kentucky's electricity. Electrical rates in Kentucky are the second lowest in the nation---because of coal.

Coal is good for Kentucky's economy. The Kentucky coal industry brought $3.1 billion into Kentucky from out-of-state during Fiscal Year 1996-97 through coal sales to customers in 29 other states and 15 foreign countries. In Kentucky, it paid over $800 million in direct wages, directly employing over 19,000 persons and indirectly providing an additional 60,000 jobs. In addition to all the normal business taxes, the coal industry in Kentucky paid an additional $160 million in severance taxes to the state.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 10-09-2016 at 05:51 PM.

If the Dem get in the Big house this time... The racing as we know it is over ...........

Tell that to the families that live less than 5 miles from me who have to buy water to drink or cook in people who lives savings is ruined because the can not sell there homes or owe more than it worth because of the contamination of coal ash. Coal is only cheap because the power company got away with dumping the ash anywhere they wanted. Add the cost of the clean up to the price of coal and see how cheap it is. Just because you belive what they tell you at the company store us people that thinks for our self and do the research know the real story.

Tell that to the families that live less than 5 miles from me who have to buy water to drink or cook in people who lives savings is ruined because the can not sell there homes or owe more than it worth because of the contamination of coal ash. Coal is only cheap because the power company got away with dumping the ash anywhere they wanted. Add the cost of the clean up to the price of coal and see how cheap it is. Just because you belive what they tell you at the company store us people that thinks for our self and do the research know the real story.
    I've seen plenty of buildings built right on top of coal ash

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Wrong, Progressive liberal Democrats have a goal of putting coal out of business. Using the EPA to put unreasonable expenses, regulations, and taxes on Power plants to make it almost impossible to stay in business.

You need to quit listening to our government and state run sources of false information.

Whats fair about the government also using our tax dollars to subsidize other types of energies that still require electricity from coal to operate? Yet cost much more.

10 reasons why coal is a good energy source:
    Cheapest source of energy. It is by far cheaper than nuclear, natural gas, oil. Hydro usually will be slightly cheaper. However, problems with hydro include: no new facilities because of public outcry when river valleys are dammed; and, peak demand time problems (rivers running dry in the dead of summer when peak air conditioning is needed and rivers are frozen in the dead of winter when peak heating is needed).

Coal also provides a stable source of energy (no Arab oil embargoes, no sudden scarcity like you experience with natural gas) and there is a very plentiful supply both in the U.S. and in other foreign countries.

Coal is nothing more than ancient wood which has been under pressure for millions of years. It is not sinister as you may have been led to believe.

Coal provides many jobs. Unlike other forms of energy (nuclear, natural gas, oil, hydroelectric), coal provides many jobs in removing coal from the earth, transporting it to the utility, burning it, and properly disposing of coal ash.

Coal is American made. We do not have to import this product into this country.

Coal can be mined and burned with little environmental impact. There has been tremendous strides in environmental responsibility with mining coal and burning coal. However, there still is pressure of global warming.(which is in reality may just be a fabricated lie) If we burn less fossil fuels, what, as a practical matter, is our energy alternative? Nuclear? Hydro? Solar (there is no practical way to provide the massive amounts of electricity needed to run our country through solar energy---it is viewed as impractical at this time)?

Coal mining reclamation can give the surface landowner many more options for developing his land. In the mountainous terrain, a mining process call mountaintop removal can create very valuable and useable level land for the surface owner. The surface owner not only gets his land developed, he usually is paid 50 cents a ton for the inconvenience of the use of his surface. Surface mining cannot occur without the specific consent of the surface owner. If the surface owner is lucky enough to own the coal rights, he's looking at another $2.00 a ton for royalty payments. In 1977 the federal Surface Mining Law was passed that required coal operators to reclaim the land in an equal, if not better, condition that existed prior to mining. We're doing an excellent job with our reclamation efforts. I would suggest that you go to http://www.osmre.gov/. This is the web site of the federal agency that oversees coal mining from an environmental standpoint.

The prudent us of coal will allow the U. S. the time needed to develop viable alternative energy sources---primarily solar technology and fuel from grain---without any negative impact on our national economy.

Coal provides 56% of the electricity used in the nation each day. It provides 95% of Kentucky's electricity. Electrical rates in Kentucky are the second lowest in the nation---because of coal.

Coal is good for Kentucky's economy. The Kentucky coal industry brought $3.1 billion into Kentucky from out-of-state during Fiscal Year 1996-97 through coal sales to customers in 29 other states and 15 foreign countries. In Kentucky, it paid over $800 million in direct wages, directly employing over 19,000 persons and indirectly providing an additional 60,000 jobs. In addition to all the normal business taxes, the coal industry in Kentucky paid an additional $160 million in severance taxes to the state.
    Tin foil hat much? Just like Jon Snow, you know nothing. Martin County Indiana is a long way from West Virginia. Natural gas is easier to get at, burns cleaner, and is now the worldwide fossil fuel of choice. Coal has done as much to kill coal as anyone. Went to mountaintop blasting and a lot of folks lost jobs. Built a bunch of flimsy retention ponds and some of 'em broke. Blankenship is a thug, and ran roughshod over the region and its people for 20 years. He's a victim of his own actions, no more, no less.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Your mind is made up I see. SO you just go ahead and believe what you want, and don't let the truth or what is right get iN your way. And vote Democrat too. Go Hillary, right?
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 10-12-2016 at 05:44 PM.

just seen the sales of electric cars are going in the crapper thank God
    Last edited by old fan; 10-10-2016 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    People need to get all the facts that they can on this matter before siding either way. At this point, as far I see it, and just stating my opinion. Mr. Blankenship does seem to be a victim of corrupt DC. They are trying to put coal out of business. Sad to say but this government is targeting political opposition and using it's agencies and departments to do it with. He is not alone by any means, and many businesses, big or small are being done the same way. Actually afraid to speak out because they fear to do so.
    That would not be far-fetched at all, considering this administration!

Besides, he already gave away $535 million to a solar company and they went belly up already!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    Tin foil hat much? Just like Jon Snow, you know nothing. Martin County Indiana is a long way from West Virginia. Natural gas is easier to get at, burns cleaner, and is now the worldwide fossil fuel of choice. Coal has done as much to kill coal as anyone. Went to mountaintop blasting and a lot of folks lost jobs. Built a bunch of flimsy retention ponds and some of 'em broke. Blankenship is a thug, and ran roughshod over the region and its people for 20 years. He's a victim of his own actions, no more, no less.
    WILL Natural gas is on the same List of things as Coal for them to stop using... I am not Saying Blankenship is a good guy, he is NOT... I am just saying they want all of them gone Gas, Coal, Natural gas, and all gas cars,, Racing is on top of there List....

its all AL Gore's fault

I don't get into these types of convos much. I travel to WV a couple times a year to ride the trails down there. Most of the small towns I've been too in coal country, are d@mn near ghost towns now since you know who got in office. People that haven't been there don't understand, coal mining is all a lot of those small towns had for jobs. Now that is pretty much gone, they have either moved out or lost their houses due to the mines shutting down.

One guy we used to rent our cabin off, got laid off after 27 years, which isnt enough time to draw a retirement plan. He shut down the cabin rental deal, and sunk everybit of money he had into a ambulance/first aid type deal. He told us that if that didn't take off, he would lose everything hes ever worked for. The guy has 4 kids and a wife, and worked in the mine since he was 18.

If much rather live next to a coal burning plant, which I do now, than I would a nuclear plant. They do a good job around here of maintaining the dust, its not a problem.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 10-10-2016 at 09:06 AM.

Default coal car?

Good to see electric cars in the crapper. Now I can market my new coal car.