Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brownstown

Default Brownstown

In yet another flip, Steve Barnett took a nasty roll in his heat race.

Hope Steve is ok. Who won the Crate & Super's?

Hudson O'neal won the super feature

Steve's not a kid anymore. Hope he's okay. Congrats to O'Neal. One of the toughest tracks around.

Mahoney was leading by a half lap when caution came out. O'Neal took him out on restart to beat him

Does Hudson drive his dad's old stuff or does he drive for a different owner? The kids that grew up around the tracks and more importantly have a dad who was a major player in the game always seem to get opportunities that a regular Joe won't get. Look at Devin, or Bobby though, they got the opportunity and can really wheel a racecar. I think Hudson will be a major player before long. I know he won several crate races but a team owner will invest in a last name because they know that their old man will always help and will give those valuable pointers that help win races. I heard Hudson in a DOD interview say his dad always tell him to keep the car straight and don't buzz the tires. Hidson seems to have his head on straight and I think the kiddo is gonna be just fine! Back in the 80s-90s you never seen these teenagers run up front. The veterans back then made them earn it and wouldn't show much respect to the young guns, a pecking order so to speak. Totally different now. How the times have changed lol

Yep the kids also have video games to practice

I've been the last 2 weekends and seen about 10 flips @ Brownstown between mini sprints, modifieds, and late models. Seems some reconfiguring may need to be done. The lip/banking to me needs cut down some.
    Last edited by Hoosier_Dirt; 10-02-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Where's Clayton?

probably died of a heartattack when I told him how great the track was at the big E

Back to the subject, hoping for a speedy recovery for Steve Barnett

Quote Originally Posted by spas View Post
    Mahoney was leading by a half lap when caution came out. O'Neal took him out on restart to beat him
    Looked like Mahoney took himself out with not having patience. And I'm a Mahoney fan

Congrats to Hudson and his crew. Hope Steve is ok heard something about he broke his back not sure how true.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Is Mahoney and Alex Bowman team mates? Their cars look similar.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spas View Post
    ONeil completely cleared Mahoney out of 2 and instead of coinciding the spot it was Mahoney that drove into the ass end of ONeil which then resulted in him getting crossed up and eventually being run over in 3 and spinning out.

Watched it twice on DoD - ONeil cleared him.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrews42FAN View Post
    ONeil completely cleared Mahoney out of 2 and instead of coinciding the spot it was Mahoney that drove into the ass end of ONeil which then resulted in him getting crossed up and eventually being run over in 3 and spinning out.

Same thing I saw

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Is Mahoney and Alex Bowman team mates? Their cars look similar.
    Yes, both are Bowman cars

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Does Hudson drive his dad's old stuff or does he drive for a different owner? The kids that grew up around the tracks and more importantly have a dad who was a major player in the game always seem to get opportunities that a regular Joe won't get. Look at Devin, or Bobby though, they got the opportunity and can really wheel a racecar. I think Hudson will be a major player before long. I know he won several crate races but a team owner will invest in a last name because they know that their old man will always help and will give those valuable pointers that help win races. I heard Hudson in a DOD interview say his dad always tell him to keep the car straight and don't buzz the tires. Hidson seems to have his head on straight and I think the kiddo is gonna be just fine! Back in the 80s-90s you never seen these teenagers run up front. The veterans back then made them earn it and wouldn't show much respect to the young guns, a pecking order so to speak. Totally different now. How the times have changed lol
    He has boat loads of natural talent. He will be a star.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    Yes, both are Bowman cars
    Thank you cutman

Quote Originally Posted by Andrews42FAN View Post

Exactly!

Lot of respect for that young man in victory lane. No need to apologize Hudson. You slid him clean. It was Cody's job to get by on the bottom. Instead he elected to make contact.

I'm liking what I see in this young racer. Another future star to add to the mix.

As far as the racetrack? Looked like a well prepped surface. Great racing.
    8/13/16