Default Steve Barnett injury

Any updates on Steve Barnett flip injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by SHOE32 View Post
    Any updates on Steve Barnett flip injuries?
    Saw where he has a fractured / cracked C5 vertebra
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

It was a fractured T5, not C5. I only correct because there is a distinction.
    He had surgery today with plates and screws to restore everything structurally. There was no danger of spinal cord or other nerve damage. He was very lucky. They are saying he should be out of the hospital in a couple of days. His daughter is doing a great job of posting updates on Facebook. If I see anything else I will pass it on to the 4m community.
    I will say this about the accident. I was looking right at it when it happened and it is one of the worst wrecks I've ever seen. I was sitting with several other drivers and our families (we always watch the supers as they dictate track conditions for the crates) and you could flat out hear pin drop after all of the cars halted for the red. We all know and have admiration for Steve and our hearts were in our throats. Once the ambulance finally arrived and they had hauled the car off the track, I wanted to see how bad the car (halo specifically was), so I got up to walk over there. One of my fellow racers seriously asked me if I was loading up my stuff. That's how serious and tense it was last night at Brownstown. It was very difficult to race the rest of the night.

Glad to hear hes doing ok. Hope he has a speedy recovery
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Thank you for the info,getting tired of guys getting hurt in rollovers this year.

I was right by Matt when it happened. It really was dead silence. Once everyone realized the ambulance was coming down the road instead of onto the track where it use to sit at by turn one people really took notice of it. It blows my mind that Brownstown does not have an ambulance on site like it use to.
    Follow me on Twitter@britangodsey14b

Been to brownstown 3 or 4 times in the last month have seen 5 bad flips barnetts,zack blackwood,elliot despain in mod, another forget who it was and then one in turn 3 a sportsman driven by strevel his flip when i seen it i thought for sure he wouldnt get out of the car he was at least 15 foot in the air done at least 8 rollovers they need to cut the top groove down about 3 foot because right now its just a ramp for going airborn theres another flip on youtube of chris strevel flipping a late model last year it was scary to watch in person to just type chris strevel brownstown and watch it
    Last edited by bleedsbluer2; 10-02-2016 at 11:28 PM.