For Immediate Release
October 3, 2016

Tyler Erb Hits the Turbo for Gumbo Nationals Cash

New Waverly, Texas (10/03/16) – Tyler Erb hit the turbo button of the final lap of the 10th annual Gumbo Nationals to claim the biggest win of his career in his First Class Septic #91 Rocket XR1 Chassis /Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model.

“This has been my favorite track for a long time, so to get the biggest win of my career here means so much,” said the elated 19-year-old in victory lane. “You couldn’t ask for a better surface tonight. I knew eventually that bottom groove would get slow enough that I could give Ray [Moore] a run for the lead. That last lap he slid up to the top off turn 2, and I was able to get the run and the lead.”

He concluded by saying, “I just want to thank my family, my team, and my sponsors for getting me here tonight. They’ve all stood behind me, and this win is for them.”

On Friday night Tyler Erb made the trip to Greenville Speedway (Greenville, Mississippi) for opening night of the 10th annual Gumbo Nationals, which was sanctioned by the Mississippi State Championship Challenge Series (MSCCS) sanctioned program. Drawing 45 Super Late Models for the Gumbo Nationals, Erb finished 2nd in his heat race to earn the 7th-starting spot for Saturday’s 75-lap finale.

As Saturday’s feature went green, Erb began creeping forward through the running order and soon found himself in the 2nd position. It looked like he might be on his way to a runner-up finish before a caution with 10 laps remaining erased Ray Moore’s large lead. On the final lap Erb used a big run exiting turn 2 to pull alongside Moore as the pair rocketed down the backstretch. Tyler took control of the lead exiting turn 4 and went on to score the $10,000 payday and his first victory of the season. Moore, B.J. Robinson, Eric Cooley, and Dane Dacus completed the Top 5 finishers.

Full results from the event can be found at www.StateSeries.com .

Erb will carry his momentum into a three-day swing in the Show Me State this weekend. Action opens on Thursday evening at Springfield Raceway (Springfield, Missouri) with a $6,600-to-win, MARS event. Then on Friday and Saturday the 3rd annual Lucas Oil Fall Nationals will be held at Lucas Oil Speedway (Wheatland, Missouri). Friday plays host to a $3,000-to-win event, while Saturday will see $5,000 on the line. Both events are co-sanctioned by the Lucas Oil MLRA and COMP Cams Super Dirt Series. For more information on the weekend of racing action please visit www.MARSRacingSeries.com , www.MLRARacing.com and www.COMPDirt.com .

Tyler Erb and Erb Racing would like to thank their sponsors including First Class Septic, Litton Motorsports, Hwy 105 Machine, JD's Body Works, Performance Race Engineering, Show Time Signs, J&J Motorsports, Day Motorsports, Team 5 Enterprise, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Erb Racing, please visit www.TylerErb.com .