FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 3, 2016

Dale McDowell Tames Dixie Shootout for a Third Time

Welcome, North Carolina (10/03/16) – Dale McDowell added a third Dixie Shootout triumph to his resume after topping the event on Saturday evening in his Sweet-Bloomquist #17m Team Dillon Racing/ Bad Boy Off Road/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model.

“First off I have to thank my brother, Shane, he does all the work. Hats off to he and the guys at the shop. Thanks also to Scott [Bloomquist], we have been base-lining off of them back-and-forth, it’s been pretty good,” said the winner in Lucas Oil Victory Lane for the second time this season.

“Our mom passed away five years ago yesterday. This was one of her favorite places to come to. It’s awfully hard to stay in the lead at this track; he [McCreadie] was searching and searching to try to get around those lapped cars. Fortunately, we had that caution and it took us a couple of laps to get around him. I drove it in to turn one pretty hard a couple of times and it finally stuck and we were able to get by him.”

On Saturday night Team Dillon Racing pilot, Dale McDowell traveled to Dixie Speedway (Woodstock, Georgia) for the Dixie Shootout. In a field of 51 cars for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) sanctioned event, McDowell landed a runner-up finish behind Darrell Lanigan in his heat giving him the 9th-starting position for the feature. After working his way into a podium position early in the event, Dale jumped into the lead on lap 43 and held the top spot for the remaining 17 laps. Holding off Tim McCreadie, Scott Bloomquist, Brandon Overton, and Darrell Lanigan, McDowell picked up his sixth victory of the season and a $12,000 payday.

McDowell also commented, “The car was good; it was balanced properly. I have fed off of what Scott and Cody have been doing. I have to thank Bad Boy Off-Road, University of Northwestern Ohio, Klotz, Boyd’s Speedway, Boyd-Bilt, Cometic Gasket, and Clements Engines.”

Sunday afternoon brought Dale to Rome Speedway (Rome, Georgia) for the LOLMDS-sanctioned, Rome Showdown. Falling one position short of reaching a transfer spot in his heat with a 5th-place outing, Dale cruised to a B-Main victory, giving him the 17th-starting spot for the feature. Moving up five spots in the 50-lapper, McDowell registered a 12th-place outing.

Full results from these events are available at www.LucasDirt.com .

Dale and Team Dillon Racing are still evaluating when they will next return to action. For the latest team news and plans, please point your browser to www.TeamDillonRacing.com .

Team Dillon Racing would like to thank all of their sponsors and marketing partners including Boydbilt Fabrication, Bad Boy Off Road, University of Northwestern Ohio, Sweet-Bloomquist Race Cars, Warrior Race Cars, ECR Engines-Chevrolet, Clements Race Engines-Chevrolet, Klotz Synthetic Lubricants, Cometic Gaskets, FK Rod Ends, Integra Shocks, Schoenfeld Headers, Keyser Manufacturing, TWM, All Star Performance, FSR Racing Products, Hoosier Tire, Wiles Driveshafts, Weld Racing Wheels, Butlerbuilt Seats, GW Performance, Mark IV ATV's, Racing Optics, Winters Rearends, QuarterMaster, Sweet Manufacturing, Peterson Fluid Systems, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Team Dillon Racing please visit www.TeamDillonRacing.com .