Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Continental acquires Hoosier Tire

Wonder what this will affect in the late model world.... I'm guessing Tire prices are about to go even higher...

Quote Originally Posted by superstock79 View Post
    Wonder what this will affect in the late model world.... I'm guessing Tire prices are about to go even higher...
    Or they'll actually come down in price a bit. But in reality, I doubt much changes.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

When a company acquires another it is never with a strategy to reduce revenue, i.e lower prices. Its about maximizing profits through better efficiency and synergy. Best you can hope for is prices don't increase. PS i know zip about the tire business.

A mediocre race tire company being bought by a mediocre passenger car tire company. Should be a good fit!

Best tire in DLM racing is Hoosier. Don't know about the future.
    Scott Kleindorfer

You better Look at it agen they have some of the best ranking on tires on the road..
    .. Over seas the are A big tire,, The have there Tires in more racing groups then Goodyear,,,And are growing fast.. this is good for hooser and the racing tire... You will see a better tire out of this .. This is a good thing for the racing....

Bet all the " slotting fee" and " wink wink " guys at the house of purple are a bit nervous.

In mergers things don't change much, in take overs or acquisitions , the folks getting acquired can probably expect some changes.

And hopefully , for the better.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Continental Is growing fast .. I bet that hoosier is 3 times as big in just a few years.. Continental Wants to grow there racing end of racing tires and hoosier Is how they are going too do it...I go so far as too say you will see Hooriers at the 24 hours of At the beach in Fl. in just a few years...I think that Not only did they want there tire they wanted there Name...Hoosier by Continental,, I see Good thing coming from this....

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Bet all the " slotting fee" and " wink wink " guys at the house of purple are a bit nervous.

In mergers things don't change much, in take overs or acquisitions , the folks getting acquired can probably expect some changes.

And hopefully , for the better.
    Will all the wink wink tires are gone.. Hooiser is now not a Small town tire no more. They are part of a Bigger Pic... Now...The folks getting acquired can (Will) expect some changers...They will all be for the good I bet on it...

Continental is a good tire company. Hopefully it'll be for the better, but time will tell.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Cardirt0 probably has never owned any Continental tires. My calling them mediocre was a compliment. He also has probably forgotten that Hoosier couldn't even compete with American Racer in the spec tire race market until they were forced to build spec tires with their comp tire compounds.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Cardirt0 probably has never owned any Continental tires. My calling them mediocre was a compliment. He also has probably forgotten that Hoosier couldn't even compete with American Racer in the spec tire race market until they were forced to build spec tires with their comp tire compounds.
    Have had 2 sets Liked them both.. I think they are a good tires... Hoosier will not be the same tire now that they are owned by Continental...They will be making road racing tires soon... I go so far as too say that the Plant will be a lot bigger be for long....They did this cause it will help sell there tire in the USA...They are going after Goodyear...They did not Buy Hoosier cause they are good...They got them too make them good... And make them better...Witch makes them Bigger....

I've owned them too, and liked them. And they were Made in USA.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300338745.html
    Continental racing is now one of the Biggest racing tire makes in the World...

This Is good i see Continental Jumping in to dirt racing as Big time.... This Is big.. for dirt racing...If you dont see it you are Blind .....

I've been in the tire business for almost 10 years, all with Goodyear and trust me Continental is far from mediocre. All the tire companies are taking notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    I've been in the tire business for almost 10 years, all with Goodyear and trust me Continental is far from mediocre. All the tire companies are taking notice.
    Yep Continental has just moved in to the BIG league...

the article I read states keeping same 500 staff at hoosier expanding and expected sales growth ?
    there is until 2025 there alliance started oct 30 2009 and possible plans to bringall hoosier rtires to the consumer market place part stores online available

Quote Originally Posted by jetwind View Post
    the article I read states keeping same 500 staff at hoosier expanding and expected sales growth ?
    there is until 2025 there alliance started oct 30 2009 and possible plans to bringall hoosier rtires to the consumer market place part stores online available
    They wishy washe part of Hoosier just went out the Window....Continental now make tires for Dirt racing ,Road racing, Drag racing, Rally racing, Oval racing, Off road racing....

appears to be the next step from a 2009 alliance:

http://www.moderntiredealer.com/news...e-with-hoosier
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard