Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by badacefaist19 View Post
    Jeff Smith wins every single time in any crate car
    You ain't lying. He has won in 3 or 4 different cars this year. Great year after a broken neck he suffered from the flip he had last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Mike Nichols is at 60 as of this week.
    1 of the best seasons I've seen a driver have in a long long time in any class. Would love to see him in a lm.

Max Blair has 32 total wins this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GRT24 View Post
    You ain't lying. He has won in 3 or 4 different cars this year. Great year after a broken neck he suffered from the flip he had last year.
    I'm pretty sure you could put Jeff in a 1991 Bullitt and he'd be top 3 every week.

Matt Sheppard has 31 wins this year in a dirt modified.

A little off topic but does anybody on here remember when (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Trickle won 67 features in 1972 in the purple Mustang? And then in 1975 Tom Reffner did the same thing in his blue Javelin.

Also back in the '70s Ramo Stott was in the mid 60s for wins.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    A little off topic but does anybody on here remember when (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Trickle won 67 features in 1972 in the purple Mustang? And then in 1975 Tom Reffner did the same thing in his blue Javelin.
    yep sure do

you mention Trickle you have tomention this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_...career_results

I have zero losses in the same number of starts... I believe that's a new record for me.
    Last edited by Krooser; 10-22-2016 at 08:52 AM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

i ran a lot of loads in and out of Missouri in the 70's and 80's and Larry Phillips shop in Springfield was an occasional stop when my schedule permitted. He always was more than gracious letting me crawl around his cars and asking loads of questions.

I used to watch the races at the Springfield fairgrounds, Bolivar, Monett and even Branson... lots of great memories from those days.
    Class of 2019

Thumbs down

If this thread is about late model wins I think Richards would be the one with the most. 26 super late model wins (17 WOO, 6 Lucas, 2 UMP, 1 FALS Draw) and 1 NeSmith crate race.

I was at a lot of the Trickle and Reffner wins, they had to patch there cars and motors together on the road as they traveled a lot to get those wins. I believe Trickle borrowed Bob Gunns car to get some of the wins.

RIP Joe Shear #36
    Last edited by sc0tt; 10-22-2016 at 06:05 PM.

scott... In Father Dale Grubba's book about WI short track racing during the 60's he tells the story about Trickle blowing the engine in the race car, pulling out the 390 from his tow vehicle, putting it in the stock car, winning the feature then hooking a chain to the race car, taping flashlights to the stock car for 'headlights' and towing the pick-up home with the race car... AFTER they made a few stops at the local watering holes. Different times for sure...
    Class of 2019