Default Rubbered up track

What changes can be made for a rubbered up track. Car was turning in really good but I could not pickup the throttle. Tried easy on gas. Waited till out of corner and on straight away but car always wanted to hang the rear end out way too much for my liking. Stagger? Shorten RR steer? Add more or less LR bite? Spring more less which corner? Kind of lost. Only happens a couple times a year where I race, but want to get better when it does happen. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pig tracker View Post
    What changes can be made for a rubbered up track. Car was turning in really good but I could not pickup the throttle. Tried easy on gas. Waited till out of corner and on straight away but car always wanted to hang the rear end out way too much for my liking. Stagger? Shorten RR steer? Add more or less LR bite? Spring more less which corner? Kind of lost. Only happens a couple times a year where I race, but want to get better when it does happen. Thanks
    I am assuming you mean black slick? When a track takes rubber, it is kinda gray and grip goes up.

Usually, if you have a really balanced race car, you don't have to adjust a lot of stuff for different grip levels. The only thing you really need to do is keep the weight transfer and attitude of the car consistent for the loss of speed on a slick surface.

It sounds like your balance is off, but it is showing up more when the track gets slick. Have you checked tire temps? What type of rear suspension? Front clip? Enter corner on gas or off gas? We will need a little info.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Shocks is what you need to change.

Take out stagger, square rear end and add about 20- 30 lbs LR bite. Only do one thing at a time. From what you are saying, I would start with squaring rear end first. JMO.

rubber up means max traction in the goove that's got the rubber. youll want more stagger more rear steer and way bigger balls as youll be going faster than ever before