Default Super Dirt Week on dirt at Oswego Speedway

After the fiasco at Rockford earlier this year, I hope no fans bought a 5 day ticket.

T-mac qualifys 2nd for bb mod show!

Tim fuller qualifys 1st for 358 mod show!

Congrats to both!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Why??? Comparing Apples to Oranges. The clay at Rockford was put down over night while the clay at Oswego has been down for almost 2 weeks. By all indications, it held up pretty well yesterday for the first day of practice and today for qualifying.

Looks like a raw deal for motorsports complex. The already coming back to oswego in 2017.

"Looks like a raw deal for motorsports complex. The already coming back to oswego in 2017."

It is obvious with the announcement already that WRG doesn't think Glenn Donnally's track will be ready in a year. Maybe this is also a ploy to push the state of New York with the promised funding. There are others who think the track will never be built. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    "Looks like a raw deal for motorsports complex. The already coming back to oswego in 2017."

It is obvious with the announcement already that WRG doesn't think Glenn Donnally's track will be ready in a year. Maybe this is also a ploy to push the state of New York with the promised funding. There are others who think the track will never be built. Time will tell.
    CNYRP has been opening "next spring" since 2011 and nothing has been built yet. It's highly unlikely at this point it ever gets built, and The state funding thing is you get reimbursed by the state for the money you spend.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I wonder who foot the bill for getting oswego ready? Nys? Had to have been pricey w all the truck loads of dirt hauled in.

Not just the dirt, but road infastructure, refubished grandstands, new campgrounds with full hook ups, etc. Had to cost a few dollars!

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Not just the dirt, but road infastructure, refubished grandstands, new campgrounds with full hook ups, etc. Had to cost a few dollars!
    Ik they did stands and campgrounds but i figured that would benifet the pavement races there during the yr.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    I wonder who foot the bill for getting oswego ready? Nys? Had to have been pricey w all the truck loads of dirt hauled in.
    The state kicked in some money as per the contract they signed with WRG to keep SDW in NY, WRG paid some, and Oswego Speedway paid some.

I bet its got to be wierd having it at oswego as most r used to being in syr all these yrs. Big blow to the business in syr from the move.

Talk about HUGE pressure on T-Mac

Had to time in the top 6 to lock in to race Sunday and did it

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    Talk about HUGE pressure on T-Mac

Had to time in the top 6 to lock in to race Sunday and did it
    Back in Feb.after speed weeks, You said T-Mac was going home to be on baby watch. How did that turn out????

I thought the new complex was going to be the best of the best, but many think it won't be completed?!! Sad state of affairs! Dang New York! Hope for the best for Super Dirt Week. I have wanted to go for many years & never made it. At least there's no hurricane up there!

I guess they want to keep it in New York but would be nice to have it at a permanent dirt track in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 Jay 53 View Post
    I guess they want to keep it in New York but would be nice to have it at a permanent dirt track in the future.
    There's no permanent dirt track in New York that could handle all the campers and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    There's no permanent dirt track in New York that could handle all the campers and fans.
    Also part of the allure of SDW was the uniqueness of Syracuse. If its was held at a permanent dirt track that had races during the year the allure would be lost. I think Oswego is an excellent substitute as it is still a unique situation. Also Oswego being a 5/8 you might see Late Models as part of SDW in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    I thought the new complex was going to be the best of the best, but many think it won't be completed?!! Sad state of affairs! Dang New York! Hope for the best for Super Dirt Week. I have wanted to go for many years & never made it. At least there's no hurricane up there!
    Theres one headed to PPMS!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    Also part of the allure of SDW was the uniqueness of Syracuse. If its was held at a permanent dirt track that had races during the year the allure would be lost. I think Oswego is an excellent substitute as it is still a unique situation. Also Oswego being a 5/8 you might see Late Models as part of SDW in the future.
    I could definitely see the WoO lates being added to either Friday or Saturday's (or both) SDW show next year.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Theres one headed to PPMS!
    Earl Pearson jr?????