Default Slick track tire selection

On a track that gets hard shiny slick but non abrasive, never takes rubber.. Do you guys tend to stick with softer tires with little cutting, or go with harder and cut it up for edges. Thanks
    Josh K.

I tend to lean harder, but that is usually about the starting position, how racey the track is, driver style and his abuse of tires and length of race as well as a few other things.

I may switch back and forth just do to one or more of this items at the same track. If your starting at the back, you have to make sure you don't go a lap down before the softer tires slow and the harder tires come in so if some guys starting up front are going with soft tires but I figure they will fade at the end, I may have to go with softs just to stay on the lead lap and not get lapped in the first 10.

I should have also said it would also depend on how far a jump in compound your talking and what compounds you have to deal with. So to me its a case by case deal but if you never tested say a 1350 vs 1600 even in the dead slick to see the difference in lap times you might be really surprised how much difference there is. Sometimes its a ton and others its not that much, every track is a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    I tend to lean harder, but that is usually about the starting position, how racey the track is, driver style and his abuse of tires and length of race as well as a few other things.

I may switch back and forth just do to one or more of this items at the same track. If your starting at the back, you have to make sure you don't go a lap down before the softer tires slow and the harder tires come in so if some guys starting up front are going with soft tires but I figure they will fade at the end, I may have to go with softs just to stay on the lead lap and not get lapped in the first 10.
    Ditto ^^^^^ We always had the option of wrs55 and used it successfully. However, we were allowed to use some "quick fire" prep to help the initial starts. Since, it was applied shortly before the features, you wont have any issues with tire tests.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Pm sent fast_crew. Thanks