Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NO security problem for tricity speedway

Hard to believe a nice facility would have no track security for the fans in a large city such as st louis area with 300000 people 2 years ago at modfest bob pierce was grabbed from behind for no reason as he stood infront of the stands of the crowd and luckly several fans assisted in what was a no injury situation no security available 2016 modfest friday nite 2 fans argue over a flag man call and fight again no security after a large crowd surrounded again NO SECURITY fans separated them and after 5 or so minutes 2 pit stewarts came from pit area to find out what wasgoing on then removed 1 of them . THIS CAN CAUSE SERIOUD PROBLEMS IMAG.

Not many tracks I go to have actual security. It's probably a money thing. If done right, you want actual Police, which is gonna mean at least two (there not going to work alone in crowd situations), and they're going to be on overtime (an extra assignment). I'm not sure what the going rate is near St. Louis, but around my parts they're going to bill you at least $60/hr for one, so double that (two Officers/Deputy Sheriff's) and figure they're working for at least 4-5 hours. That'll add up quick. When you call the Police in response to an incident, it doesn't cost anything (the compromise then is response time). So until people stop going to an event because of security concerns, the track is probably not going to see a need.

Now as for these places that have their own "security" which is usually a couple of guys in ratty old tee-shirts that say SECURITY on the back, holding a hand held radio, look out....the minute you give untrained, unequipped people the impression they have some sort of authority, bad things can happen. Do it right or don't do it at all.

About 10 yrs ago there was 4 cops at a track, 2 state boys and 2 county. Patrol cars parked in the parking lot. They weren't doing security, they were sitting in the stands watching the races. One left with lights on headed to a call. The other county one I knew. I seen him the following week and said "seen ya the track last week" as he was walking by and he stopped and talked and said if it's slow they let them hang out there until needed.

Only reason I mention this is because normally there isnt 4 of them. Maybe one or two off and on through the night.

I'm confused though as to what a city with 300,000+ people has to do with a race track that has maybe 5-8 thousand people at and that's being generous
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 10-06-2016 at 09:33 PM.

If $600 is the differance for a track then they have bigger problems.

I agree, with all the beer being consumed it's a good idea to have trained security on site and would think it would be a condition of their insurance but who knows.

Tyler county had a crew of popo at the hillbilly. If anybody knows a wv state trooper, they know not to fuk with them. WV has some really good ratings among state police, actually top 5 in the country. When you see those green swat uniforms you know you have a pretty good chance of getting hammered down on if you get out of line. On the other hand I have seen fights that last 20 minutes at other tracks. You can never have too much security!

Not a bad thing to have. I see security mainly at big specials around IA but not much for weekly shows except at Boone or K-Ville
    Bloomer and Five Finger Death Punch fan. Honestly, I'm pretty awesome.

The long gone and mucho missed Saugus Speedway, near Los Angeles, used to have several pimple faced kids, a couple of fat mushy guys and a few women, all rent-a-cops for security. When the toilet tongued drunks and general troublemakers acted up they were often afraid to do anything about it. Can't blame them for a minimum wage gig. They speedway finally brought in several off duty L.A. cops who definitely thrived on trouble. It only took a couple of weeks to clean the joint up.

"If $600 is the differance for a track then they have bigger problems."

All small tracks have BIGGER problems then!

I've heard security summoned to the pits on several occasions at Florence Speedway

I've never been to Florence when they didn't have two deputies on four wheelers in the pits. Maybe more, but I always see at least two.

Quote Originally Posted by jetwind View Post
    Hard to believe a nice facility would have no track security for the fans in a large city such as st louis area with 300000 people 2 years ago at modfest bob pierce was grabbed from behind for no reason as he stood infront of the stands of the crowd and luckly several fans assisted in what was a no injury situation no security available 2016 modfest friday nite 2 fans argue over a flag man call and fight again no security after a large crowd surrounded again NO SECURITY fans separated them and after 5 or so minutes 2 pit stewarts came from pit area to find out what wasgoing on then removed 1 of them . THIS CAN CAUSE SERIOUD PROBLEMS IMAG.
    You aren't telling the whole story in the Pierce deal... Bob was grabbed by a woman from Mike Harrison's group after Bobby and him had an altercation on the track... it wasn't like he was randomly grabbed and held for ransom lol

Bobby didn't run in the same race as Harrison or even try to keep up with him

A kid in Harrison shirt did get into a fight with a big guy though

The Bob and Harrison deal was a year or two ago.

Exactly about 2 am also

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    I've heard security summoned to the pits on several occasions at Florence Speedway
    Historically, one of the most common announcements at any dirt track.
    8/13/16

The smaller the track the more fights can happen

During my years of promoting i had two incidents where security was needed.

The first was at 141 Speedway during our 'Racin' and Rasslin' program around '84. We ran streeters and low buck mods until 9PM then brought out a ring and did semi-pro wrestling until midnight. One night we had two different Native American guys in the ring and their individual tribes followed along... beer and a full moon was involved. We called the county cops twice...

The other incident took place at my last hot rod show where some Neanderthal with tons of Grandpa's $$$ was doing burnout's at midnight with his 572" Hemi powered '64 Belvedere. I put an end to that my self by jumping in my pick-up and blocking the road. Then I pulled his fat ass halfway out the window while 'accidentally' hitting his face with my fist until he promised to leave and not come back. Two hours later the county cops nailed him in town doing the same thing. The cops came over to me and asked about his banged up bloody face and I told them he fell out of his window head first...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    During my years of promoting i had two incidents where security was needed.

The first was at 141 Speedway during our 'Racin' and Rasslin' program around '84. We ran streeters and low buck mods until 9PM then brought out a ring and did semi-pro wrestling until midnight. One night we had two different Native American guys in the ring and their individual tribes followed along... beer and a full moon was involved. We called the county cops twice...

The other incident took place at my last hot rod show where some Neanderthal with tons of Grandpa's $$$ was doing burnout's at midnight with his 572" Hemi powered '64 Belvedere. I put an end to that my self by jumping in my pick-up and blocking the road. Then I pulled his fat ass halfway out the window while 'accidentally' hitting his face with my fist until he promised to leave and not come back. Two hours later the county cops nailed him in town doing the same thing. The cops came over to me and asked about his banged up bloody face and I told them he fell out of his window head first...

LMAO fell out of his window head first now thats classic Krooser i love it man ....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

At Dixie, often the county/city policemen are ticket takers.