Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Flinner

Default John Flinner

How is he?

Said they transported him to the hospital from PMS. He runs well there, and that's a fast track. Yes, he's an a$$hole, but no matter what, don't wanna see him or anyone else hurt. Been a few this year tragically.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    How is he?

Said they transported him to the hospital from PMS. He runs well there, and that's a fast track. Yes, he's an a$$hole, but no matter what, don't wanna see him or anyone else hurt. Been a few this year tragically.
    whats happening, did they cancel the show???

said he is concious and going thru tests

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    whats happening, did they cancel the show???
    Dont know race monitor quit for lucas show.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

canceled starting hot laps at 4:00 p.m. tommorow one day show

Well I was picking on sideways for calling a boat race and the man might actually be a meteorologist lol

It was one horrendous crash, glad to hear he was conscious and undergoing tests. The track was super fast, Steve Francis was the fast hot lap timer before the rains at 17.851 which translates to a little over 126 mph, Kent Robinson had a 17.939 which averages to 125 mph, and Brandon Burgoon with a 18.125, good for over 124 mph.
    Last edited by flash49; 10-07-2016 at 09:25 PM.

How is he?

Why is he an a $$hole? Never met him just curious.

John has been known to be a rather aggressive driver and in his victory lane speeches he does not hold much back...if he thinks it he says it. I enjoy watching him race and listening to his rants.

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Why is he an a $$hole? Never met him just curious.
    Not bashing him at all, hope he's ok. As JB said, pretty much spot on. Just seen his antics is all, now isn't the time to get into it, was just stating the obvious, while hoping he's ok if that makes sense.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default From DoD

Sounds like he will be ok, though the bleeding part worries me. He has a severe concussion, and some bleeding on his brain, he is in ICU overnight for observation. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and is back to his chipper self. From DoD, which they got from Flinners' daughter's Facebook. Another freakin concussion, getting to be something that needs looked at as far as the car construction.

Sounds like he will be ok, though the bleeding part worries me. He has a severe concussion, and some bleeding on his brain, he is in ICU overnight for observation. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and is back to his chipper self. From DoD, which they got from Flinners' daughter's Facebook. Another freakin concussion, getting to be something that needs looked at as far as the car construction.
    Hans is at fault.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

I haven't seen a video or anything but by the pictures I've seen floating around Facebook it looks like he had one wild ride. This has been a bad season for injuries or worse. Hope John makes a full recovery. The Bleeding on the brain doesn't sound good at all I hope they can get that fixed. Thoughts and Prayers going out to him and his family and friends. Get Well Soon John Flinner!!
    Next Race: 3/31/18 "Bunny 20's" with Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Sport Mods
    *We will also be having an Easter Egg Hunt @ 3:00 so bring the kids out for a fun and enjoyable Saturday night as we open the 2018 race season*

Check out all pictures from Atomic Speedway on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luvracinBig...?ref=bookmarks

**Atomic Speedway Official Track Photographer**

Speed is at fault you freaking i diot....

I kind of agree on the Hans! With the head not being able to move at all the brain is getting knocked around more. Hans might be saving necks but hurting brains.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Hans is at fault.
    While I know that's what hurt Jared Landers, why would you think that's the case here? Sounds like with the others, they are hitting the halo bars.

Quote Originally Posted by loose_is_fast View Post
    I kind of agree on the Hans! With the head not being able to move at all the brain is getting knocked around more. Hans might be saving necks but hurting brains.
    The Hans supports your head and neck, it's a head and neck restraint.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart50 View Post
    Thank you for your astute observation Dr. Hubbard.

While I know that's what hurt Jared Landers, why would you think that's the case here? Sounds like with the others, they are hitting the halo bars.
    My comment was in general. I don't know about this specific case. If he has brain bleeding, his helmet probably hit something.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart50 View Post
    Speed never killed anyone. It is all in how you stop.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2