Default Cookeville/Tennessee Motor Speedway

what become of this place after it was sold at auction couple years ago ? Still standing or bulldozed or ever be opened again just wondered about it ?

Dozer got it.....

It is now just a flat bulldozed flat spot along the interstate now. It looked like they might build something on the site when I drove by it a few months back.

Is this the Baxter track?

Yes 25 Jay 53 I believe you are correct. I'm not sure if it ever went by the name Baxter or if that was the community it was located near since I'm not from up in that area. A friend had recently asked if the place was still standing or what happened to it. We knew it had been sold but never heard anything after that.

I drove by there this spring at night, and didn't realize that they had demolished it.

I found this listing of the property with current photos:
    http://www.usamls.net/upper_cumberla..._number=177317

News articles say it sold at auction for $492,200, which is more than any idle race track is worth. It was that valuable because of the interstate frontage. Plus they had the cost of demolition. They are now trying to sell it for $1,200,000.

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Gang View Post
    Yes 25 Jay 53 I believe you are correct. I'm not sure if it ever went by the name Baxter or if that was the community it was located near since I'm not from up in that area. A friend had recently asked if the place was still standing or what happened to it. We knew it had been sold but never heard anything after that.
    Thanks! I have been there about 3 different times all in the early 2000s. Last time I was there was like 2005 southern nationals race.

Ray Cook won ever race he ran there but 1 an ran second his 1st race there .Won a summer national race too.
    Last edited by GA-DIRT; 10-11-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Dustiest race I ever listened to happened there.

HAHA. I just remember Golden Mountain being around that area, that place was awesome.

Golden Mountain still stands. It's an off*road part over there now. The track in Baxter was never called " Baxter ". It was indeed the community where it was located. It has been Tennessee Motor Speedway and Cookeville Speedway.
    ALL JACKED UP! DIRT TRACK RACING SOUTHERN STYLE!

Quote Originally Posted by GearPlate84 View Post
    Golden Mountain still stands. It's an off*road part over there now. The track in Baxter was never called " Baxter ". It was indeed the community where it was located. It has been Tennessee Motor Speedway and Cookeville Speedway.
    Your right but ask drivers where you racing it was all ways Baxter,when Boyd's went through all them different names every body always going to Boyd's