Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldora lawsuit

d@mn old fan, jimmy has one official blimp on his record and you lump him into the biggest cheater in the sport, ive try to stay out of this , being its kind of between you and the bloomer fans, but i dont think jimmy deserves that label.......

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    Lol, those trucks carrying the race cars aren't stopping at weigh stations
    Is that just in Ohio?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Sorry if I was mistaken, but I thought depending on the size of the rig or the rig configuration.....similar to blankenships a while back had to obey the same dot laws.......and go through the weigh stations.

Learned something new today......

Default Kudos

Quote Originally Posted by chopter View Post
    Everyone exceeding a minimum weight requirement doesnt make the scale accurate.
    It's refreshing to see someone utilizing critical thinking skills on 4m.

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    LMAO, as you stated, you BUY and SELL the car by the weight!!!!! The track scale is used for rule enforcement, not a SALE

Your missing the point . The weight matters only because its the part of the equation
    for payment to the winner . Scales are used for the results . Not for buying anything
    in this case . They are using the scales in part for total qualification for a winners purse .
    If you were buying tomatoes , you use it for produce . But when you offer prize
    money that's a horse of a different color . You are using scales on a different basis . Geeee
    i don't care who wins . But like i said lawyers will love this no matter how long it takes.

My thoughts on the scale issue are this

Lawyers will argue that by weighing previously on the same scale and making weight and not challenging the accuracy of weight/scale at that time you have accepted the scales accuracy. Scott finished 2nd in his heat and crossed the scales to transfer to the feature. You have agreed by the entry blank contract at that point both by signature and by action. And as there is no specific statue of requirement for auto racing they can argue that the principles do not apply to this case.

Regarding haulers. DOT generally does not require registered RVs to stop at weight stations. If the hauler is registered as an RV they can bypass it. I have been stopped in a toter and had to prove that it was an RV. In addition to the registration I allowed the officer to look inside the vehicle and see it's bathroom lol.
    Last edited by flagone; 10-12-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post

Lawyers will argue that by weighing previously on the same scale and making weight and not challenging the accuracy of weight/scale at that time you have accepted the scales accuracy. Scott finished 2nd in his heat and crossed the scales to transfer to the feature. You have agreed by the entry blank contract at that point both by signature and by action. And as there is no specific statue of requirement for auto racing they can argue that the principles do not apply to this case.

Regarding haulers. DOT generally does not require registered RVs to stop at weight stations. If the hauler is registered as an RV they can bypass it. I have been stopped in a toter and had to prove that it was an RV. In addition to the registration I allowed the officer to look inside the vehicle and see it's bathroom lol.

Case dismissed.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Why would you question the accuracy of a scale if you made weight?

Exactly. You made weight on the scale and had no issue with its accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    A rule enforcement that determines if you get paid or not.......I know we disagree and I realize you have called the state, but just don't think it's going to work out for the track in the end.......

It just seems strange that every scale in Ohio that weighs truckers going up and down the road is certified and accurate ( including the trucks carrying the race cars) , but then you get to the track and all bets are off?

Again, I know we disagree on this.......
    Does it not seem odd that this lawsuit over the scale incident was promised for almost a year, yet not filed until the tire deal? Surely if there was merit enough for that alone it would have been filed long ago. I'm not saying he won't win, the court system seems like a gamble these days no matter what the circumstances. Under the right circumstances, if you throw enough accusations at something you may create an image of that person or place in which can win you the case. You can also get the right judge or jury that can win you the case. Heck, OJ Simpson was found not guilty of murder....... lol

Scale certification really means nothing in essence. If you have your scale certified using 2500lbs it is only guaranteed to be within a certain percentage at 2500 lbs. When you weigh something that weighs anything but 2500lbs on that scale, the error percentage is higher. So, say the scale at eldora was certified (idk if it actually was or not) what would you want it calibrated at? they race sprint cars that are 1400lbs and street stocks that prolly weigh around 3500lbs and several between. The scale is not going to be accurate for someone in this example, certified or not.

Yes, we disagree, but what fun would it be if everyone thought the same way? lol

I really don't know what to think anymore on the scale deal..........just by using a tiny bit of logic I could see it both ways...but everybody knows logic doesn't always apply in a court of law.

My beef was always with the tire scenario.......and they are trying to improve that finally.

Small steps are better than no steps IMO......

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    Does it not seem odd that this lawsuit over the scale incident was promised for almost a year, yet not filed until the tire deal? Surely if there was merit enough for that alone it would have been filed long ago. I'm not saying he won't win, the court system seems like a gamble these days no matter what the circumstances. Under the right circumstances, if you throw enough accusations at something you may create an image of that person or place in which can win you the case. You can also get the right judge or jury that can win you the case. Heck, OJ Simpson was found not guilty of murder....... lol

Scale certification really means nothing in essence. If you have your scale certified using 2500lbs it is only guaranteed to be within a certain percentage at 2500 lbs. When you weigh something that weighs anything but 2500lbs on that scale, the error percentage is higher. So, say the scale at eldora was certified (idk if it actually was or not) what would you want it calibrated at? they race sprint cars that are 1400lbs and street stocks that prolly weigh around 3500lbs and several between. The scale is not going to be accurate for someone in this example, certified or not.

Yes, we disagree, but what fun would it be if everyone thought the same way? lol
    I think scale certification are based on tolerances by percentage of actual weight being measured......could be wrong on that though.

Don't think it would really matter what each of the cars weighed per class as long as the scale could handle the maximum weight.

If they allow for a ( 1% tolerance as an example) car weighing 2000 lbs will have a lower total weight tolerance number than a car weighing 3000 pounds......ill be the first to admit though, I'm not real sure about how it all should go moving forward.

Lucas oil says you CAN NOT protest tires. That is to cover you know who!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    what does track scales prevail mean that weekend he had 3 days to make sure it made track scales numbers but he was to lazy to find out plus he had to make weight earlier in the weekend to make the Amain correct

Track scales prevail nothing in a court of law . Eldora don't make the law . The issue
    of a scam is the where the law comes in . Now it may not be a scam . but the judge
    will decide . ( like someone said , the law trumps tony . ) and this very well maybe
    a case for the law . Here's one for you, ask about the 50/50 money , The gaming
    commission will tell about the law . See if Tony's rule is trump then . Even though
    Tony owns the property the law is the law .

Quote Originally Posted by just dust View Post
    Track scales prevail nothing in a court of law . Eldora don't make the law . The issue
    of a scam is the where the law comes in . Now it may not be a scam . but the judge
    will decide . ( like someone said , the law trumps tony . ) and this very well maybe
    a case for the law . Here's one for you, ask about the 50/50 money , The gaming
    commission will tell about the law . See if Tony's rule is trump then . Even though
    Tony owns the property the law is the law .
    I always wondered how all that huge 50/50 was handled.......tax wise.

Figured it would have something to do wth the gaming commission but never was real sure.

Maybe somebody has already mentioned it, but obviously the tire situation is what set this suit off. Bloomer merely included the scale situation just for fun and another legal dig at Eldora. And for the record, I don't care who wins. It isn't affecting my life either way. Maybe Bloomer can go back to running Hooters Pro Cup on Eldora weekends since he was so good in that series. Oh wait, they don't exist anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    what does track scales prevail mean that weekend he had 3 days to make sure it made track scales numbers but he was to lazy to find out plus he had to make weight earlier in the weekend to make the Amain correct
    The track had many days to have certified calibrated scales FANG. Now put a sock in it.

Exactly. You made weight on the scale and had no issue with its accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    You know what? I think that way of thinking is totally lacking.
    I believe this way of thinking is dead on. Making weight on the track scales is a condition of entry. It should be checked by any responsible race team before the race and if there is a discrepancy, it should be sighted at that time. Not after your ballast fell off or was forgotten to be installed before the race. These scales here available to all the racers before and in between races that evening. There is no good excuse for weighing light that night. The law suit is a Weasel way of doing things and Scott did more to damage his reputation by filing, it than WRG did by disqualifying him.

no making the correct weight before hitting the track if you think they weigh 2300 lbs at the beginning of the race I HAVE A BRIDGE TO SELL YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Just wondering, does Eldora or WRG, have some kind of arbitration rule in their rule book? Most do and if so, it makes you wonder how much time, these 4 will get for that infraction and will they take that to court also? When you play hardball, everyone plays hardball. These guys may never race at Eldora, WOO or WRG again and Eldora would be happy with that. Do you want to do business with anyone that is litigious? Do these racers want to do business with anyone so unfair in their rules? They will be missed, but only a couple days a year. It does make you wonder, why TS lawyers haven't filed for a change of venue. This happens in Ohio and it would drive the cost up on the plaintiffs. Sheppard was probably the smart one of the five and got out of the suit.
    arbitration has already past