Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Eldora lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flagone View PostExactly. You made weight on the scale and had no issue with its accuracy.I believe this way of thinking is dead on. Making weight on the track scales is a condition of entry. It should be checked by any responsible race team before the race and if there is a discrepancy, it should be sighted at that time. Not after your ballast fell off or was forgotten to be installed before the race. These scales here available to all the racers before and in between races that evening. There is no good excuse for weighing light that night. The law suit is a Weasel way of doing things and Scott did more to damage his reputation by filing, it than WRG did by disqualifying him.
    Its a little fishy that he made weight the first two days and not the last. I could see it if he forgot to put all the fuel in it but it looks like he wouldve ran out before the end of the race. Its a little fishy on whats been going on at Eldora the last couple of years...maybe Tony or WRG is picking and choosing like their the puppet master..lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

no maybe he messed up and playing it to close to weight limit will get you burnt

Quote Originally Posted by blncfn57 View Post
    Does it not seem odd that this lawsuit over the scale incident was promised for almost a year, yet not filed until the tire deal? Surely if there was merit enough for that alone it would have been filed long ago. I'm not saying he won't win, the court system seems like a gamble these days no matter what the circumstances. Under the right circumstances, if you throw enough accusations at something you may create an image of that person or place in which can win you the case. You can also get the right judge or jury that can win you the case. Heck, OJ Simpson was found not guilty of murder....... lol

Scale certification really means nothing in essence. If you have your scale certified using 2500lbs it is only guaranteed to be within a certain percentage at 2500 lbs. When you weigh something that weighs anything but 2500lbs on that scale, the error percentage is higher. So, say the scale at eldora was certified (idk if it actually was or not) what would you want it calibrated at? they race sprint cars that are 1400lbs and street stocks that prolly weigh around 3500lbs and several between. The scale is not going to be accurate for someone in this example, certified or not.

Yes, we disagree, but what fun would it be if everyone thought the same way? lol
    Just guessing here but they waited to file til after the scales were tested again waiting for the results.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Its a little fishy that he made weight the first two days and not the last. I could see it if he forgot to put all the fuel in it but it looks like he wouldve ran out before the end of the race. Its a little fishy on whats been going on at Eldora the last couple of years...maybe Tony or WRG is picking and choosing like their the puppet master..lol
    That's a bunch of BS everyone else made weight. If more had not made weight then I could see that but, that wasn't the case. Kind of funny how everyone else made weight but, now all of a sudden the scales must be off. I don't buy it. To say they did it on purpose because it was Scott that's a far stretch don't you think.

Now I remember why I don't offer many opinions on this board anymore. Sad.

that scales doesn't know who is on it either you made weight or not

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Now I remember why I don't offer many opinions on this board anymore. Sad.
    Just remember, the IBC (Idiot Banter Club) may be the majority of the postings, but they certainly do not speak for the rest of us. Some of us appreciate a well thought out post from someone who knows what they're talking about. Thank you.

I can see ways this could happen. There was a different track and length of race for the night he was light. Quite a few change weight placement positions for slick or longer races. Any time you loosen that weight, you have a chance of a mistake. Don't put it back on. Forget locktite and it comes loose. The most stupid is not checking it with the scale after any change. If they can forget a tool box or how long it takes to get to a track, they can forget 20lbs of weight. Mistakes happen. In between races at these big events, excitement is high and endorphin are flowing. That is the time a nut flies down the carb. I saw a guy who was asked a question at just the right time, start buttoning up a quick change with out a gear in it. He even argued there was one in there, till he turned the tire. Mistakes happen all the time.

I can see ways this could happen. There was a different track and length of race for the night he was light. Quite a few change weight placement positions for slick or longer races. Any time you loosen that weight, you have a chance of a mistake. Don't put it back on. Forget locktite and it comes loose. The most stupid is not checking it with the scale after any change. If they can forget a tool box or how long it takes to get to a track, they can forget 20lbs of weight. Mistakes happen. In between races at these big events, excitement is high and endorphin are flowing. That is the time a nut flies down the carb. I saw a guy who was asked a question at just the right time, start buttoning up a quick change with out a gear in it. He even argued there was one in there, till he turned the tire. Mistakes happen all the time.
    he was tore up from the floor up and forgot
    after hot laps I'll pick the winner

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    That's a bunch of BS everyone else made weight. If more had not made weight then I could see that but, that wasn't the case. Kind of funny how everyone else made weight but, now all of a sudden the scales must be off. I don't buy it. To say they did it on purpose because it was Scott that's a far stretch don't you think.
    It was just a theory fellas. lol And yes mistakes happen all the time. I remember one time we were changing carbs and we stuck a rag down the intake to keep dirt out in the process and forgot it lol
    Last edited by dirtdobber45; 10-13-2016 at 11:09 AM.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    no making the correct weight before hitting the track if you think they weigh 2300 lbs at the beginning of the race I HAVE A BRIDGE TO SELL YOU
    How do you make the correct weight if the scales are off? Come on FANG, start thinking!!!

I think some of you keyboard racers don't pay attention. If you watched all the W100 ppvs, you would have noticed that all the racers weighed 36-71 lbs heavy. It sure is funny to me, that those numbers correspond to one of the claims of the lawsuit (31-67 lbs lite).

Being involved in racing for 25 years, I have NEVER saw racecars weigh that much over the minimum. No racer in his right mind, would ever give that much away!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

It was just a theory fellas. lol And yes mistakes happen all the time. I remember one time we were changing carbs and we stuck a rag down the intake to keep dirt out in the process and forgot it lol
    Ok I get it, one time my brother and cousin put the quick steer on backwards and my brother had is hands full driving the car until one of our friends figured out what happened lol

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    that scales doesn't know who is on it either you made weight or not
    That scale also needs to be calibrated and accurate.
    Last edited by chopter; 10-13-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Then so does every track in the nation every size and shape and what would do with the portable scales hmmmm

I don't have any real favorites in racing other than Foyt and Dale Sr but I can tell you that that an occasional positive attitude and a nice smile during a post-race interview would go along way to bringing Bloomer more fans.... not that he needs them or really cares. He's just not a people person... and that's OK. It's his life, he's been successful and he make's lots of $$$. Is he happy? Only he can say....
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Tony needs to have a concrete slug poured that weighs 20 lbs less than the legal winning scale weight and do a "test" weigh before the feature starts. Then add the weight in 2 pound increments until the legal winning weight is achieved and he can set the win/lose weight issue to bed. After the feature is over if there are any contested weight issues then they would re-weigh the slug then the car in question. .....end result the slug wins....
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

Quote Originally Posted by lazyifoto View Post
    Tony needs to have a concrete slug poured that weighs 20 lbs less than the legal winning scale weight and do a "test" weigh before the feature starts. Then add the weight in 2 pound increments until the legal winning weight is achieved and he can set the win/lose weight issue to bed. After the feature is over if there are any contested weight issues then they would re-weigh the slug then the car in question. .....end result the slug wins....

You are correct lazifoto that would cure the weight issue for sure and then no one would have anymore excuses as to why they were lite at the scales..
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    That's cool SS no problem man just A friendly reminder of what he is all about was all bud... But i forgot you been here awhile so you know all about ol litey now dont ya.... Anyway man hows your boy gonna look in a Longhorn now?

Are you talkn about t mac?
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Are you talkn about t mac?

Yeah isnt he in a new Longhorn this weekend? or is he still in the Rocket?
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!