Default What chassis for my 1st car?

Any suggestions on what would be a good chassis to buy for my first car? I would like something 2010 or newer? 30 yr old driver never raced before?

I have a 2011 mastersbilt Gen X car that's all updated. It was my first late model. i have 7 races on it. Handles like a dream, most everything is fresh on the car.. i got the car ready then my track dropped the class 2 races into the season. Has a 604 crate motor and im running with all aluminum open motors and I did very well against them. 512-595-4216
    Last edited by mod88s; 10-13-2016 at 11:12 AM.

where are you located? be best to go with what is running good in your region. we started in Rockets in crates and haven't left them

I also have a 2013 Rocket for sale if interested

I agree with kwoods25 on running what is in your area. It will be easier to get help and/or spare parts at the track. That being said, with either Masters or Rocket you'll find plenty of help on this forum. Both good cars and can be tuned for any condition. I'll let the Rocket guys speak for Rockets. With the Mastersbilt cars, the Smacks still seem to run well in the south (more abrasive tracks when slick) but the Gen-Xs and LXTs have taken over here in Indiana (tracks are like ice when slick).

Call Chip Vinyard at CVR Race cars and talk to him about his cars. He is a smaller builder but builds a super nice piece that flys in the crates and limited class. And is picking up momentum in super.

I was leaning more towards the Mastersbulit, I was thinking a Gen-X? whats the difference with Gen-x an LXT? Yes I agree with the CVR's they have been running well around the tracks in my area!

You can typically get the cvr's super reasonably and if you get in touch with Chip he may be able to put you in the direction of a good used car.

Quote Originally Posted by rollijm View Post
    Whats the difference with Gen-x an LXT?
    Front ends are basically the same (all parts interchangeable). Front end geometry wise they are the same. The main differences are in the rear of the car. Most notably, you have the option of running Gen-X bar lengths or Smackdown bar lengths. Almost everybody is getting LXTs now. I've driven both Gen-X and LXT cars (and still own both) and honestly can't tell a noticeable difference between the two but some people will tell you that the Gen-X car is a little tighter out of the box.