To all Media
10/11/2016
(Carnesville GA)

Dennis “Rambo” Franklin wins $15,000 World Championship with stock GM crate engine!

It’s true. Rambo Franklin just won the $15,000 FASTRAK World Championship with a box stock GM crate engine. Not a fancy rebuild someone charged another $3000 for, but a bone stock GM crate engine. National Tech Inspector Brad Hibbard tore it down after the race to prove its legality. In an open air tech for any and everyone to witness the top 3 engines were torn down as they always are at this event. “It’s important to our competitors that they know they got beaten fair and square” said Tech Director Brad Hibbard. “Plus Stan Lester wouldn’t have it any other way”.

“I just won $15,000 with a box stock crate engine” said Rambo. “I paid $5695 for that engine so why would I pay $10,000 for the same engine. That just doesn’t make sense to me . Winning that kind of money with a $5695 engine is as good as racing ever is anymore. Think about it. Bought a new $5695 engine and won $15,000. That’s making money in racing”.

“It’s so common how people now think you needed a blueprinted engine to win a crate race anymore” stated Lester. “People have been sold on the fact you just can’t compete if it’s not blueprinted. Hopefully people will finally see that’s just not true. People spend so much money now on cars, but this is one area they can forget about spending money on altogether. Yes there will be bad one out there now and again, but that’s far from normal. I know people that have spent money blueprinting an engine and actually lost horsepower, so go buy a new engine, adjust your valve springs and go race”.

“I have gotten scolded more than one time mentioning this, but good lord quit complaining about shocks and whatever and go buy some shocks with the money you saved on your engine, but for the most part 99% of the time blueprinting a new GM crate engine is money thrown down the drain”.

www.fastrakracing.com and see us on twitter and face book

FASTRAK would like to recognize all the 2016 Marketing Partners. Hoosier Racing Tire, Chevrolet Performance Parts, VP Fuels “The official fuel of FASTRAK, ARP Bodies, Rocket Chassis, TNT Chassis