Default Over/Under @Duckriver this weekend

I had thought about going to this race and would really like to make the trip sometime but knowing how late they hold you there and that they are on cst there I decided to stay home. Now I was wandering on everybodys thoughts. What are some over/unders that everyone has in mind for this race. Over/under on the race getting over at 1 am?

Under, will be over about 12

With the given history, multiple support classes and the report of the new surface coming apart during Thursday's practice. I would say 1am is a safe bet. If a track is going to have 2 day shows, the format should always be double heats with combined points. We are 2 hours away and have decided to not go because of the late night/early morning history
    Doc
    Facebook.com@DowdyRacing

Allways remember it's not all ways the tracks fault for late nights...racers dragging around not lining up...wrecks..a lot of cars....it's not just 1 track that runs late nights...it's alot of you go to alot of races...I'm not taking up for the track..I like to see the show rolling quick....I'd say buy At least 12 and remember Saturday's main race starts alot earlier...

No other track drags out like Duck River, the Duck is the clear winner at that. They are like Porsche, there is no substitute. I can't figure out why they schedule this race same nights as DTWC. You know McDowell, Owens, Bloomer etc would have been at the Duck if this race is different weekend. JMO

Well I would say Friday will be late maybe a little earlier on sat because with the track coming apart Last night they will probably have to rework it and they are running 7 or 8 classes so you can figure from there don't look good for tonight.

7 or 8 classes on a big night that is unacceptable

Yes I agree running 7 or 8 classes isn't good but I'd rather stay to 1am and see an awesome race than stay to 10pm and see a boring train race...no matter what I'll be going because I know I'll get my money's worth at Duck River. As far as bloomer and Owens being there it doesn't matter. I seen them run there 2 or 3 times in the last 3years and they ran like rookies.
    Last edited by #56Gentryfan; 10-14-2016 at 06:45 AM.

yeah and you are smoking something

You don't put new dirt on a race track 2 weeks before a big race either.

#56Gentryfan - I'am with you, and I have been to a lot of big Dirt Track Races everywhere, and have seen more good races at Duck River than anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by castone View Post
    #56Gentryfan - I'am with you, and I have been to a lot of big Dirt Track Races everywhere, and have seen more good races at Duck River than anywhere else.
    Now I don't mean to upset the apple cart but these two have ties to the track so their perspective is somewhat biased
    Duck can have good races and bad races. Just like any track. I agree that 7 classes is a recipe for a long night. It also means more money from pit passes and fans. I don't like reading about the racing surface breaking up during practice. And with a chance of scattered showers today they might not water it as much for fear of it getting too wet.
    Does that mean I won't go... No this has the potential for a good show with some big names there. Yes it would be nice to draw Bloomquist or Owens but you can't have everything. And to be honest I seriously doubt either would show up anyways.
    So my advice is to take a nap and expect a long night.....and if they move it along and you get out early it's a bonus. If they don't then think of it this way.. it's a good fix to hold you over till next season.

Guys, Duck is under new management. That new team down there is going to get this program going in the right direction. Give them time! They did WONDERS with Crossville Speedway.. They are going to do the exact same with the Duck!
    ALL JACKED UP! DIRT TRACK RACING SOUTHERN STYLE!

Just saw where they were starting hot laps 15 mins ago. I would really like to go and see this track sometime but cant go 4 hrs then it get over in the morning hours

Late models where done around 10:30 last night

If they could do it on consistent basis I will try to go next year. They seem to have done lot better job with time management last night