Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: DTWC my take

From a friend's Facebook post: Iowa based Jim Wilson, Joe Merryfield, Roger Dolan. may be others, but thrilled to see these guys inducted.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by old fang View Post
    oh boy another love fest for the bloomeriod

Well well, FANG you got the ax! But you're still here. Which one first calverton?

You post You lose!!!
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 10-17-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    from DirtonDirt:

"Bloomquist, who led laps 1-45, slipped back to fifth place as he struggled with his tire choice. He ultimately relinquished the spot on lap 95 when he stopped on the backstretch to draw a caution flag because he inadvertently hit the master switch on his car's dashboard and killed the engine. The 52-year-old Hall of Famer restarted and finished 11th,..."
    Hey now, you saw what happened to old fang!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Well well, FANG you got the ax! But you're still here. Which one first calverton?

You post You lose!!!
    Finally........ To bad it's about 3 months too late. Still have 10 more of his usernames to ban and this place will start to take shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Portsmouth has 6-7 tires around the bottom of the track. Josh was running over the tires a lot early. I was sitting off of 4 and watched him center a tire and yes his nose did roll under. It was dragging just enough to create lift on the nose. Not sure it cost him the race but definatly slowed him down. You guys really think Scott having a shock going down is an excuse? You don't lead half the race and just stop like he did. I'm sure most of you don't have a clue how a shock works but it definatly went flat. Then again, I'm not sure it cost him the race but facts are facts. He started pushing so bad that he thought he lost the rf tire. Cody seen the lr sagging and immediately pointed out the problem. Not the end of the world just a part of racing. Can't win em all
    OH STOP WILL YOU. Time to get off the Bloomie apology tour. He got beat, he got outrun, he lost. Doesn't happen enough to suit me, but tonight belongs to Sheppard, who beat them all. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Baker View Post
    2017 HOF inductees?
    I couldn't hear it all. McDowell and Eckert are the current drivers that will be going in.

that's 4 crown jewels coming back to ILL this year

I'll normally be the last one to stand up for Centeroff, but it is obvious that something must have happened to bloomer in order for him not to run any better than he did. If he was running 2nd or 3rd that's one thing, but he dang near got passed by Don O'Neal for cryin out loud. I wasn't there but watched the DOD highlight, you could tell something fairly serious went array about 1/4 way through the race. A shock may not seem serious to most, but in DLM racing today, something tiny is huge. Same thing with Richards.

zach51: I don't doubt the shock story either.

a question: would the described shock problem feel like a tire going down to the driver, even one as highly skilled as Bloomquist, since the story stated "as he struggled with his tire choice."?

if so, might he have slowed for a caution expecting to need a tire changed?

what I really found interesting in the DOD story was the statement:

"...he inadvertently hit the master switch..."

I trust what DOD writes, but I can't believe that info came straight from Bloomquist. he just doesn't admit to things like that. must have come from an anonymous un-named source.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Lol yeah I wasn't going to call BS on that "master switch" thing but....yeah, seems fishy. It wouldn't make sense for him to wait for 95 laps though if he was going to cause a caution to change a tire. He would have done that by lap 50.

Here is my problem. LOL
    Every race that Bloom Bloom doesn't win, the story is about why he didn't win. He got beat Saturday. BEAT.
    Last edited by TS FAN; 10-17-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Lol yeah I wasn't going to call BS on that "master switch" thing but....yeah, seems fishy. It wouldn't make sense for him to wait for 95 laps though if he was going to cause a caution to change a tire. He would have done that by lap 50.
    Bloomquist, 52, still had a top-five finish in sight as the feature drew to its conclusion, but a freak mishap caused him to stall his car on the backstretch and bring out a caution flag on lap 95 while holding fifth place. He inadvertently hit his machine’s master switch, cutting off the engine.

“I didn’t say anything, but you can not have your master switch anywhere within a foot of your hands,” said Bloomquist, who restarted the race at the rear and finished 11th. “(Crewman) Cody (Mallory) mounted mine on my dash, and if you did something aggressive and your fingers come loose and your thumb is the only thing holding onto the wheel … well, I hit it with my fingers. It was on the right side, and I hit it and it shut the thing down."

Keep trying fellas

And still no mention of a broken shock. Just too hard of tire on right front

He ain't hit the kill switch all year and it happens 5 laps from the end of the biggest race he's been allowed to run this year.....not really buying it, but hey anything is possible. He might have been reaching for something alright but it wasn't the kill switch.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    He ain't hit the kill switch all year and it happens 5 laps from the end of the biggest race he's been allowed to run this year.....not really buying it, but hey anything is possible. He might have been reaching for something alright but it wasn't the kill switch.
    Are you having a reading comprehension problem? It's obvious he wasn't reaching for it, but he did hit it. Lol, it's his own words

I was sitting n turn 3, and he refired the car after he had came to a stop. So maybe this will shut some up that weren't there and don't believe it actually happened the way the story says.

Scott wouldve told us he had the best car if that shock hadn't went away, no doubt about it.

Scott didn't say a word about anything being wrong with the shock, unlike the guru centeroff seems to think. He said he went too hard on the RF and as a result couldn't steer and burned the rear tires off! Happens to the best of them so enough excuses.

IMO....I believe Scott was gonna jump in the pits get a RR and come back out and see what he could. But as he approached the pit he was going to adjust the brakes and he hit the kill switch by accident. Just a theory
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

With 5 laps left???

Come on guys everyone knows he was reaching to unplug the traction control and hit the switch...