Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DTWC--Illegal parts

They said both Conleys had illegal parts but they came right back out. Was it just tires or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by non driving fool View Post
    They said both Conleys had illegal parts but they came right back out. Was it just tires or something else?
    Lead in a potential dangerous spot.

Quote Originally Posted by 18fan View Post
    Lead in a potential dangerous spot.
    Where, exactly?

Where, exactly?

Left rear, lower 4 link rods.

I'm going to guess its the left rear axle tube. That seems to be the going thing right now.

You are probably right on your call, I saw them working under the axle tube in the lower rod area and weight on the axle tube has been made illegal in Lucas competition.

Thanks, I was wondering if it was lead on the rear, must have been small enough to just take off and still make weight. Maybe a 1.ooo thick dom tube might be in order---Oh wait??????

After the deal with francis earlier this year do ya blame em?

Glad ours bolts on and wont come off. JS.....

You're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by george w View Post
    After the deal with francis earlier this year do ya blame em?
    Knee jerk reaction. It's not where its mounted, it's how it's mounted. If mounted properly it won't fall off. Just like lead anywhere else won't fall off if mounted properly.

It sure doesn't surprise me any that they were illegal. Somebody ratted them out in the pits is what I heard.
    Next Race: 3/31/18 "Bunny 20's" with Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Sport Mods
    *We will also be having an Easter Egg Hunt @ 3:00 so bring the kids out for a fun and enjoyable Saturday night as we open the 2018 race season*

Check out all pictures from Atomic Speedway on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luvracinBig...?ref=bookmarks

**Atomic Speedway Official Track Photographer**

Ratted them out is good. It's not like snitching on your brother to reduce your sentence for a drug deal that went bad. They where cheating the rat. Rat 1 Connolly's 0.

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    Knee jerk reaction. It's not where its mounted, it's how it's mounted. If mounted properly it won't fall off. Just like lead anywhere else won't fall off if mounted properly.
    Exactly.......it wont be long and cars will have 2 "brake calipers" on the lr!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

how would you have known where the lead came from, how it was mounted, an where it was placed on the car, you dont. Instead of looking at it as a knee-jerk reaction what not look at as a saftey measure that will keep these guys behind the wheel instead of sidelined with a busted up face. Regardless of wether they were snitched out or not atleast they did something about it.

how would you have known where the lead came from, how it was mounted, an where it was placed on the car, you dont. Instead of looking at it as a knee-jerk reaction what not look at as a saftey measure that will keep these guys behind the wheel instead of sidelined with a busted up face. Regardless of wether they were snitched out or not atleast they did something about it.
    You're missing the point. Lead is still allowed on the car just not on the axle tube. What if the lead the fell off and hit Francis wasn't axle tube lead and they assumed it was. The problem was never solved and therefore is a knee jerk reaction. Unless the ban all forms off mounted ballast eliminating axle tube ballast is not going to stop lead from falling off when people attach it improperly. Believe me I've seen plenty of scary ways lead is mounted to a car. The proper response would have been to mandate how all ballast is mounted to the car. Good clamps, 2- 1/2" bolts, no all thread, etc.

The proper response has been in the rule book for years on how to properly place lead on a car look for yourself, lead on a axletube or really on any fourlink bar is unsafe for the drivers let alone the thousands of fans in the stands. How many times have you looked a car over after a violent crash? Seen any bent, broke fourlink bars? Whether it was at the hiem or dead center of the bar itself it doesnt need a 50# weight on it period its just asking for trouble. Since your asumming I've never hung lead how many times you nut an bolted a car an stumbled across a cracked axletube from the night before simply from a rough track? Sooner or later the lead will be bolted an have a cable attatched sadly it'll prolly take another accident for it to happen, but when it does i bet you'll see other series sactions an tracks follow suit.
    Last edited by george w; 10-17-2016 at 05:29 PM.

The proper response has been in the rule book for years on how to properly place lead on a car, look for yourself. An for the record I'm fine with it above the axle tube but below the axletube or really on any fourlink bar is unsafe for the drivers let alone the thousands of fans in the stands. How many times have you looked a car over after a violent crash? Seen any bent, broke fourlink bars? Whether it was at the hiem or dead center of the bar itself it doesnt need a 50# weight on it period its just asking for trouble. Sooner or later the lead will be bolted an have a cable attatched sadly it'll prolly take another accident for it to happen, but when it does i bet you'll see other series sactions an tracks follow suit.
    I don't think anyone is mounting lead to a 4-link bar, much less a 50lb piece....that's not really possible. Have you ever saw a brake caliper get knocked off.....then why would a piece of lead mounted in the same place, get knocked off?

It was a knee-jerk reaction!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Are you talking about the ones that have the braided steel lines attatched to them and are bolted on aswell thanks for proving my point above .....the series made your alls so called knee jerk reaction I'm simply backing there decision is all.
    Last edited by george w; 10-17-2016 at 05:37 PM.

You're missing the point. Lead is still allowed on the car just not on the axle tube. What if the lead the fell off and hit Francis wasn't axle tube lead and they assumed it was. The problem was never solved and therefore is a knee jerk reaction. Unless the ban all forms off mounted ballast eliminating axle tube ballast is not going to stop lead from falling off when people attach it improperly. Believe me I've seen plenty of scary ways lead is mounted to a car. The proper response would have been to mandate how all ballast is mounted to the car. Good clamps, 2- 1/2" bolts, no all thread, etc.
    They know it WAS "axle tube lead" and they addressed it specifically the next night at the Diamond Nationals during the drivers meeting. It was immediately banned from being mounted to the axle tube (anyone with common sense should know not to mount it there anyway).