FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 17, 2016

Dustin Strand Stomps the Stampede; Claims WISSOTA National Title

Grand Forks, North Dakota (10/17/16) – Not only did Dustin Strand win the annual Jamestown Stock Car Stampede for the second-straight year in his RH Rebel Storage #71 Q&Z Plumbing & Heating/ Longhorn Late Model, but he also claimed the WISSOTA Late Model National Championship.

“Wow, what a season this has been,” said Strand. “Things started a little slower than we might’ve liked this season, but when things finally kicked into gear, we put together a phenomenal year.”

Dustin concluded by noting, “It’s very special to get my first WISSOTA National Championship in the Late Model division. I want to thank all of my sponsors, crew members, family, and fans for their support and belief in my racing program!”

Competing in both his Super Late Model and Midwest Modified, Dustin Strand visited Jamestown Speedway (Jamestown, North Dakota) on Friday for the 45th annual Stock Car Stampede. In a field of 23 Late Models, Dustin scored a heat race win early in the night, locking his spot into the main event on Saturday evening. Outdueling Curt Gelling at the finish line, Strand reeled in his 25th victory of the season over Gelling, Brad Seng, Cole Schill, and Mike Balcaen. Pocketing a $3,000 payday, Dustin Strand also captured the WISSOTA Late Model National Championship. This marked the first time he’s won the title in the Late Model ranks and the second WISSOTA National Championship of his racing career.

In the Open Wheel Modified division, Strand started the night off again with a heat race win in his Millenium Chassis, positioning him 5th on the starting rundown for the feature. Holding his position, Dustin notched a 5th-place finish behind Ryan Schroeder, Tyler Peterson, Zach Laqua, and Ryan Lehr.

For full results from the event, please visit www.JamestownSpeedway.com .

Dustin’s 2016 season has now drawn to a close. He claimed 25 victories and 39 Top 5 finishes in 60 events. In addition to the WISSOTA title, he also claimed the River Cities Speedway Late Model Track Championship, the WISSOTA North Dakota State Championship, and finished second in the Northern Late Model Racing Association (NLRA) standings.

Strand Racing is now busily preparing for 2017. Keep your browsers directed to www.StrandRacing.com for the latest team news and notes.

Dustin Strand would like to thank all of his sponsors including RealTruck.com, Q&Z Plumbing & Heating, Forks Mobile Wash, Schill Construction, Anderson Brothers Body Shop, McCaughen Builders, Generations Salon & Spa, Bemidji Welders Supply, RH Rebel Storage, Ben Adams Racing Engines, Forest Flying Service, Altru’s Sports Advantage powered by EXOS, Parallel Technologies Inc., Troy Pecka Trucking, R-n-R Stix, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Dustin Strand, please visit his official internet home at www.StrandRacing.com .