Default Eldora lawsuit dropped

Drivers on probation for rest of year but no longer suspended. So they can compete in the World Finals if they want to.

First of all, there's already a 4 page thread about this. Secondly, they're only moving the lawsuit to North Carolina.

JEES!! First of all don't be a PRICK!!!

From Eldora's website,

"Plaintiffs Scott Bloomquist, Jimmy Owens, Gregg Satterlee, Brandon Sheppard, Ricky Thornton, Jr., and team owners R&W Motorsports, LLC, W.G. Satterlee & Sons, Inc., Best Performance Motorsports and JR. Motorsports, LLC, filed a voluntary motion for dismissal on Monday."

http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/2016/1...federal-court/

Yep, it was dismissed in NY and and is being re-filed in North Carolina. Don't you people read the articles on Dirt on Dirt?

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    First of all, there's already a 4 page thread about this. Secondly, they're only moving the lawsuit to North Carolina.
    They have that option. However, if they file another frivolous lawsuit, then they are just going to lose more money.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    They have that option. However, if they file another frivolous lawsuit, then they are just going to lose more money.
    I completely agree, but that's irrelevant. Even though the lawyer stated that they are re-filing the suit, some people keep insisting that this is over. It's not over until their lawyer says it's over.

“We’re happy this is over,” said DIRTcar Racing COO Tom Deery. “It is a waste of resources that should have been invested in the sport rather than damaging it and polarizing fans.”

I believe, the talk about re-filing the case in North Carolina, is just a saving face deal or it would appear that WRG won. Are they really going to file and get barred from racing any WRG events till it is completed? This dismissal was timed so they could race in the world finals and speed weeks after the first of the year. Would they give up all that money for WRG events? I'm guessing, the week day Summer National events, so close to home, is why B Shep dropped the suit. The case was weak at best and any that labeled them cheaters, are not changing their mind and anyone labeling them victims, are not changing theirs. It's just too bad the evidence isn't public that could change either ones mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bubstr View Post
    i believe, the talk about re-filing the case in north carolina, is just a saving face deal or it would appear that wrg won. Are they really going to file and get barred from racing any wrg events till it is completed? This dismissal was timed so they could race in the world finals and speed weeks after the first of the year. Would they give up all that money for wrg events? I'm guessing, the week day summer national events, so close to home, is why b shep dropped the suit. The case was weak at best and any that labeled them cheaters, are not changing their mind and anyone labeling them victims, are not changing theirs. It's just too bad the evidence isn't public that could change either ones mind.
    i'm sure the 100 grand brandon won at prp helped a little bit in his decision also !

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    i'm sure the 100 grand brandon won at prp helped a little bit in his decision also !
    He dropped out of the suit well before last weekend

Deery may think that it's over, but it's not his call and he has no idea if it's over or not. They could re-file today if they wanted to. I hope it's over too, but like I already stated, the lawyer is in the driver's seat, not Deery.

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    He dropped out of the suit well before last weekend
    THE INITIAL POST NAMES HIM WITH THE REST .......................... Thats all I based my statement on !!!!!!

THE INITIAL POST NAMES HIM WITH THE REST .......................... Thats all I based my statement on !!!!!!
    But it was officially announced a while ago that he dropped out.

Brandon dropped out before the world

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Brandon dropped out before the world
    But he is named on eldoras website as one of the plaintiffs who voluntarily withdrew their complaint on Monday .............. Which I believe was after the world ........just sayin .

But he is named on eldoras website as one of the plaintiffs who voluntarily withdrew their complaint on Monday .............. Which I believe was after the world ........just sayin .
    They're wrong. They also said it's over for sure. Wrong again.